View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Here we go, snapped some photos of Casper in his Dogmatic (leather) incase this helps people decide. The strap on his is a little long (I normally tuck it into the clasp, should cut it shorter really) so I probably could've gone down a size around the head, but it's not an issue having it long.

High on the muzzle so as to not slip off, but as you can see, not a skintight fit so doesn't rub

Tighter around the base to stop the head strap being loose and slipping off but not uncomfortably so

Out of focus but as you can see, it allows him to open his mouth just fine (he was eating a treat here, he can pick up toys whilst wearing it too)
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 06:10 PM
I saw a synthetic leather dogmatic in the petshop which looked nice. I'm guessing thats a new thing?

I started a thread on "headcollars" not long ago if anyone wants a look. It does go off at a bit of a tangent partway through, but there are quite a few helpful posts first!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I think they've done synthetic leather for a little while now, at least online. I decided to go for leather as they get a fair bit of use (I use them all the time for road walks unless I'm out with Kiki alone, because of Casper's reactivity) and I wanted them to last (which they have done, as the photos show)
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 09:18 PM
I`ve tried all three varieties of Dogmatic headcollars..

The first the synthetic ones... the strap does not have a proper buckle so it slides undone.

The leather one my bitch broke in about 4-5 months, due to her continually pawing at her face to get it off... The stitches broke around the part attached to the the ring on the nose band. I contacted Dogmatic... but they were not interested in the slightest and made no offer to mend or replace it.

As i had to buy a new headcollar.. and dogmatic being the best of that type of item.. i bought the webbed (and padded) one. It has been fantastic. It`s softer than the leather one.. has a proper buckle and because it`s 2 layers thick (webbed and padding)... it has survived the past 2 years or so. She has managed to break through one layer in the same place as before.. but it`s still holding because of the 2nd layer.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 09:42 PM
The padded/cushioned ones are fab

They are so lightweight - looks really flimsy but it works.

I tried a leather one on Dexter but he looked uncomfortable in it so I swapped to the padded one.

For anyone thinking of getting the leather one: the leather is pretty stiff, just something to bear in mind. You can help soften it but it would take time.
pasiphae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-02-2011, 08:37 PM
well having decided I want to get a dogmatic it looks like I cant Freckles is right on the borderline on nose size but really small on the neck.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 08:51 PM
You can add extra holes on the neck strap, I added one more to Casper's just to be sure it doesn't slip over his head.
I'd perhaps email or phone, they were very helpful to me, they may be able to recommend a size.
BullseyesTail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know if this works for the freaky head shape on an English Bull Terrier?

I have checked on the site and it says Size 3 for a standard bullie but... it's a lot of money to part with, if I'm not certain it would 'work'!

I used Haltis and Gentle leaders with my staffs in the past but have not needed one for my mini bull. But am about to foster a standard bullie who is probably a puller - so need to know that it would actually work!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5