View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Great news that Sam is getting it now, well done you!

If he is sleeping and starts moving like that it is just a dream just leave him he might be on a rabbit chase and really enjoying himself! Nothing to worry about at all.
ukpaul
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Oh well done! I've always walked them up and down on the lead indoors before trying it outside.

I did smile when reading about just letting them trail the lead. My min pin Bella reacts to having her lead on (but me not holding it) the same as if I'd tethered her to a fence! She just stands stock still!

This has proved to be invaluable a couple of times when I've accidentally dropped the lead while out with her when she was smaller and I'd tripped or got in a muddle with bags and lead etc. No fear of her running off at all! As soon as the handle hits the ground she freezes!
thanks.
thats what i did i walked him up and down the house on the lead, then went out with him late on so no one was around,he did well
ukpaul
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by chaospony View Post
Great news that Sam is getting it now, well done you!

If he is sleeping and starts moving like that it is just a dream just leave him he might be on a rabbit chase and really enjoying himself! Nothing to worry about at all.
Thank you, i was so made up when we got home from the walk last night
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by ukpaul View Post
Thank you, i was so made up when we got home from the walk last night
It is a great feeling when they are really getting it, and you start to see all that time and patience paying off.
ukpaul
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-07-2012, 11:00 AM
It is a great feeling when they are really getting it, and you start to see all that time and patience paying off.
yeah it was a great feeling, some places we went for the walk was really dark and with him being black and a black lead i could not see him lol ,i was calling his name all the time to make sure he was there
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2012, 11:41 AM
You might want to get one of these....

http://www.glow.co.uk/night-dawg-led-collar.html

One of my old dogs was a black lab cross and I could not see her in the dark at all so got one for night time walks and it worked a treat.
ukpaul
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-07-2012, 12:28 PM
You might want to get one of these....

http://www.glow.co.uk/night-dawg-led-collar.html

One of my old dogs was a black lab cross and I could not see her in the dark at all so got one for night time walks and it worked a treat.
thanks i will get one on order
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3