Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Ok, I was not planning to reply to this thread any further, mainly because it appears to be ok for me to share positive experiences in the public domain yet I get totally condemned for sharing anything negative which IMO is double standards. Surely if confidentitality was so important, then I should have been equally condemend for sharing my positive experience with the assessment. I also do not appreciate the insinuation that I am 'imagining things'. I was never going out of my way to try and make trouble for Chirag, and I pursued this in private for over 5 months before saying anything publically. And even then the motivation for my thread was simply a result of pure exasperation. I have never criticised Chirag as a person, as a behaviourist or his methods. I don't believe I ever said that I would not advise people to go to him. I only expressed my frustration at his total lack of follow up.

Just to clarify, I had my consultation in November 2011. I chased it for 5 months with Chirag and CoA privately. Chirag left CoA in April 2012. Since then, I pursued my complaint directly with CoA as I have no expectations that he has any further obligation to me as he has now left the company. However, I do believe he did have an obligation to reply to me during those 5 months that he was at CoA, therefore it is not a case of him being unable to reply due having left the company.

I am undecided whether or not to contact Chirag. Quite frankly I have had more than enough going on in my life over the last 6 months and in the grand scheme this feels like an insignificant stress. I was happy enough with Chirag's methods at assessment but vastly disappointed by the follow up. I was unhappy with my assessment with Roger and have decided not to take him up on any further follow up. I feel no further forward and let down by everyone, this has been stressful and of little help to Cain.

I have my refund and I do not wish for any further consultations or reports as I feel they would be of little benefit to Cain. I feel like it's a little late for apologies or explainations now. I am not bitter in any way and I hold nothing personally against Chirag, I am simply tired and wish for this experience to be over.
I'm not quite sure why you've quoted my post when stating that you've been condemned for sharing anything negative or the insinuation that you are making things up. I have put two replies on your thread and neither have implied anything of the sort, perhaps you are mistaking me with another poster?

I do think that you have been badly treated throughout all of this and, as I said in my first post, it is such a shame when you are trying so hard to help Cain.

My second post on this thread was in relation to Tabitha's thoughts on why Mr Patel hadn't got in touch with you directly - perhaps I should have quoted Tabitha's post to clarify things. My second post did not condemn you or suggest that you had made things up, it simply stated that Mr Patel may have been prevented from responding to you because of an agreement in his contact. Of course that may not have been the case at all, only Mr Patel will know for sure why he did not respond to your numerous enquiries. My second post was a simple observation of what happens in certain companies and was not a criticism of you or your account of the situation in any way - I'm not really sure why you took it as such.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Sorry, most of my reply was not directed at you. I quoted yours as I was referring to your point that he had no obligation after he left, and I was just clarifying timescales. A number of people seemed to be under the impression that I had pursued him for 5 months after he left but this was not the case. Your post laid it out most clearly which is why I replied to it.

Sorry, should have put your quote further down in my post. It was not a dig at you at all
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Sorry, most of my reply was not directed at you. I quoted yours as I was referring to your point that he had no obligation after he left, and I was just clarifying timescales. A number of people seemed to be under the impression that I had pursued him for 5 months after he left but this was not the case. Your post laid it out most clearly which is why I replied to it.

Sorry, should have put your quote further down in my post. It was not a dig at you at all

Thank you Amanda for explaining
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
MM, I am sorry people are making you feel bad
You are quite correct if its OK to share good things then its OK to share bad things, and I dont think in any way you were rude about anyone, you stated what has happened quite clearly with the timelines without being rude about anyway

From what you say you have been let down by both the company and Chirag, I dont think you have been unreasnoble at all
I am glad you have got your refund, and I think you can come away from this knowing that you know more about your dog than the head of the company

By the sounds of everything I would say you are doing great with your boy, its just a long slow road
Amanda, ditto to the above on all accounts. You were very let down!!
I hope you and Cain are still enjoying your 'private' field.
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Glad you got your refund. I can entirely see why you have been feeling as you do at these various times you have releated.

For what it is worth, I think you were very fair throughout, putting forward both the areas where you were pleased, and those where you were disappointed.

You said where and why you were disappointed, you said what was, or was not, being done about it and you impressions of those various experiences.

To me you seem to have been fair and balanced through out this.

I think most people would have got somewhat exasperated in your position!

IMO there is no one approach for every dog, or for every owner. I find it very interesting that with two such opposing approaches, your own was still the best for you and Cain!

It would appear that you are the best expert on your own dog, after you have known him for years. Chirag and Roger only saw him for a couple (?) of hours each.

Maybe he is a rather more complex character than most?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
MM, I am sorry people are making you feel bad
You are quite correct if its OK to share good things then its OK to share bad things, and I dont think in any way you were rude about anyone, you stated what has happened quite clearly with the timelines without being rude about anyway

From what you say you have been let down by both the company and Chirag, I dont think you have been unreasnoble at all
I am glad you have got your refund, and I think you can come away from this knowing that you know more about your dog than the head of the company

By the sounds of everything I would say you are doing great with your boy, its just a long slow road

"From what you say you have been let down by both the company and Chirag, I dont think you have been unreasnoble at all"

Absolutely

Moon has NOTHING to reproach herself upon

SB has made some good general points of ethics, but even in her posts one *could* just as easily conclude partiality, as she had also earlier expressed a preferance (for want of a better word) for Chirag. And of course chirag and Roger mugford are quite good and respected as well, and they both appear to be trying to put it to rights, which is good. However, none of this detracts from the poor service Moon has received

So i think the whole thread has been taken in an entirely unwarranted and unneccesary direction.

Also, maybe i got the wrong end of the stick, but i dont understand what client confidentiality has to do with things if its the client doing the talking???

Isnt this thread just the same as posting a review about their unfortunate stay in a hotel, for example??
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Amanda you have been treat badly by COA and its associates and you have not said anything out of line,stay strong and give cain a hug.x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Amanda, I also think you have been badly treated.

One thing that has come out of raising your inevitable frustration and disappointments on a public forum has brought about is that both the company and the ex-employee are keen to now put things right as best they can which is a good thing.

Now that you have a refund, you have choices. If you were happy with that initial assessment, I think it may be good to hear what the Chirag has to say.

I think all that people were trying to say is that often someone can be tarred and feathered through no fault of their own when they work for a company as things happen that we have no knowledge of so it's far from wise for everyone to jump on them before the full facts are known

However, after all you've been through this past few months, I can well understand why you don't wish any further involvement with either the person or the company he worked for. You are ready for a break and some peace for a while and that is fine - you deserve that.

Cain is a lucky lad. He has a caring owner, but an owner who does need to care for herself too xx
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Just wanted to drop in on this thread to reply. As you might see from the Health section, I've been preoccupied running around after a poorly Cain but I just wanted to thank everyone for their replies, they are appreciated
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 9 10 11 12