View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Wouldn't one of the 'triggers' for one of them now be the fact that they had a 'lump bitten out of them' by the other one?
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Wouldn't one of the 'triggers' for one of them now be the fact that they had a 'lump bitten out of them' by the other one?
In the sense that the bitten dog would associate the pain/fear etc with the biting dog, yes. For example most dogs would react pretty strongly to a dog who had hurt them, but supposing the attacking dog, the dog who instigates the attack, is in pain and the other dog was only defending itself ... and was not a particularly aggressive dog?

It might be that with careful management and training and using classical conditioning especially, (because that works with emotions) and with owner commitment, the problem could be resolved.

It's an important question definitely but so much depends on dogs' characters, what is making it all start up in the first place, and so on. Thefull picture, which we don't have on forums.

I would imagine many of us can give examples of dogs who have been bitten and have hated that other dog, but also dogs who have been bitten and have learnt to tolerate/live with the dog again.

I think sensible professional advice is the only way to go

Wys
x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post

I think sensible professional advice is the only way to go

Wys
x
Yup! Perhaps someone can recommend a trainer?
OP - what area are you in?
087sammie
New Member!
Male 

23-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Thanks for all yer help.One or two need''s to be re homed.I've been making excuses.I watched them through the pen's the pen's today and can feel the tension between them.The way they look at each other and act sometimes you just know.I am a fan of ceaser milan and as he say's your tension can be transfered to the dog's.I have offended some people with one of my reply's again Iam truly sorry.I am paying for it the wife will talk to me in a week or two.Thanks folks.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Oh god what an awful situation for you I really really feel for you.

Between losing your house and the dogs trying to kill each other I can only imagine both your stress levels must be through the roof.

Please don't worry about offending people it is very hard to guage the tone of a reply through a computer. I would imagine no one has been really offended but this is as I am sure you can see, a dog lovers site and the members here just want what is best for the dogs at the end of the day.

There is a wealth of knowledge and experience on this site and we have had many threads about fighting bitches before and the advice has always been to rehome one or other of the dogs, it is generally a very hard matter to overcome, requiring serious professional help and alot of hard work on your part.

I know these dogs are major parts of your family but at the end of the day neither of them could be completely happy and content at the moment so just try to imagine one or other curled up infront of a fire or in a nice cosy chair. Getting long daily walks and being spoiled rotten. Rehoming them isn't a bad thing, it is the kindest thing you can do all around given your circumstances. It will be heartbreaking for a little while but after a time you can know that you have done the best for your animal and your family and your stress levels will be hugely reduced. This has to be a good thing in the end.

Fingers crossed for you and your family. I hope you can get things sorted with regards to the house and everything else. Chin up xx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 08:25 PM
do u have a samoyed or a husky? ... neither have wolf in them btw ...
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 08:28 PM
HUSKY'S AND WOLVE'S CANNOT BE WITH OTHER BREED'S when they year's that's when it kick's in
[/QUOTE]

???????? .....
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-04-2012, 08:39 PM
???????? .....[/QUOTE]i agree and im a little flabbergasted.iv done a little work with both.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Think this is just going round in circles now.
087sammie
New Member!
Male 

24-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Ok I have gotten professional advise.She is a dog groomer but also hold's training classes in dog behavour.She said two bitches can be together.I'am not to do anything hasty and keep them seperated for the next three weeks.She said a good idea is to get them spayed or netured whichever is for bitches.everything should be fine after that.What do ye make of that advise.thanks all berger thanks
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >