Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I like the breed info you get from that site just hate the dated philosophy
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 10:16 PM
I hate that site. So much so that I wrote to them and asked pictures that I had submitted to be removed from their site and told them exactly why.

Once upon a time it was just a site for info on dog breeds with links to breeders and rescues. It was what it says it is: dog breed info.

But then it got taken over by some crazy Cesarite and it's turned into THAT nonsense. It's horrifying how much dangerous misinformation there is on that site.

The problem? And I don't know if this happens in the UK as well. But when you google a dog breed almost always the first link that comes up is THAT site. So it's a MAJOR problem as far as I'm concerned.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 10:33 PM
The problem? And I don't know if this happens in the UK as well. But when you google a dog breed almost always the first link that comes up is THAT site.
It's generally one of the first few links. Especially if you put in info after the breed name (googling some breeds seems to bring up nothing but people selling them).
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 10:59 PM
OMG!! I read the first bit..and would I hell as like have left my dog with these people!!!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 11:05 PM
That is just so sad
Poor scared dog being treated like a battle to take over the house
Because he is scared to go for a walk

and holding the tail up! typical of CM training, dog sad holds tail down, we hold tail up, problem solved - simples
SallyG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 11:46 AM
There are various day and diploma courses and you can study for an Accreditation for Dog Training and Behaviour course and the British Institute of Professional dog trainers. An obedience trainer will also gain a licence from the local authority and have insurance to run classes.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 12:35 PM
You can go on MANY MANY courses, but that does not mean you are QUALIFIED as such as there is no national qualification for dog trainers.

NO trainer needs a licence from the local authority nor do they issue them for an obedience trainer or any other sort of trainer.

Neither is insurance REQUIRED if you instruct. It is however advisable and a criteria of may organisations if you wish to be affiliated with them.

BIPDT
APDT
GoDT

to name but a few run courses and training

However there are HUNDREDS of EXCELLENT dog trainers with NO "qualifications" after their name, and THOUSANDS of ghastly trainers with letters after their name that could not train clematis up a trellis!
mcv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 12:54 PM
does holding a dogs tail up alter its state of mind???
I should imagine it irritating more than anything.... funnily enough i felt grumpy last night and hubbie tried to force me to smile, by squidging my cheeks, i may of had a smile on my face but i certainly wasnt happy.... infact he's darn lucky i didnt have a frying pan in hand lol
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
that made me feel sick too you may no me as a cm fan, but those vids were just crazy, the dog went to walk one way but the stupid cow tried to drag the dog the way she wanted, just be happy the dog wanted to walk and go in that direction. and she was getting very aggravated with the lead, and getting in the dogs face, psst correcting for no reason, and im sure the other dog could of helped out maybe being linked together, she was frustrated, no timing, not paying attention to what the dog wanted, and didnt use the best tool there ( the other dog).
completely the opposite from what i take from cm
Corinthian
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-04-2011, 08:43 PM
That woman is repulsive. She keeps parroting Millan's talking points while the poor dog howls and screams in response to her abuse.

BTW in the [a social network] discussion someone notes that as the poor dog is lying in catatonia, she reaches to pull his tail from between his legs. Because as Millan tells us the legs between the legs creates fear.
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »