Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
There are a few things happening here.

* 1stly your relationship will have suffered abiit due to
a. the recall thingy &
b.you are recently feeling down about your personal life, so if you are feeling down in general he may not KNOW how to behave any more, he may feel unsure of how you are going to recact. My dogs for instance react to be upset very differently , Mav tries to get in my skin hes so close & flynn hides.

* His skin is really really itchy, Its wet & weepy because hes got over active mites nibbling away at him. That must be driving him Crazy!!!!! Thats not his fault, He needs some advocate now, Did the vet give hiom a skin scrape? are the ear drops working?

* hes got mixed messages, ie hes allowed on your bed but not your parents. Thats not his fault.

* training issues, Not getting off a bed, just like not recalling is a training issue. This dog needs training, thats also not his fault.

So my reading of the situation is this:
The dog is feeling very uncomfy & sore, his owner has changed recently so hes lost abit of faith in you , then you ask him & punish him for something he dosent understand.

Lozzi, you have to get this dog to training class & you have to get his skin treated.

Ive been abit blunt in this post ,sorry. But Biting owners is not acceptable & i dont want the dog blamed ,PTS, labeled dangerous etc when its really not his fault.

Sorry if ive upset you, but in this instance i will tell it how it is (or at least how i see it) for the dogs sake.
I thought he was receiving treatment?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I think hes having ear drops? I asked elsewhere in the post if it was working.
Though there was a piccy of jake yesterday & it was still looking much much too sore,-if it was my dog by now i would have expected it to have looked less weepy /angrey or id have been back to the vet.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2010, 09:02 AM
I think hes having ear drops? I asked elsewhere in the post if it was working.
Though there was a piccy of jake yesterday & it was still looking much much too sore,-if it was my dog by now i would have expected it to have looked less weepy /angrey or id have been back to the vet.
I thought they gave him a spot on treatment?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Mish has hit the nail on the head. I have nothing to add.

Hugs to you chick, and good luck with sorting Jake's health and behavioural problems.

We all know this is NOT normal for Jake

x0x
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
I thought they gave him a spot on treatment?

Oh really? Must have missed that. Silly me
Maybe i will shut up then , Although with advocate the owner would get a pack so they can repeat the treatment monthly.
Why did i think he had ear drops???

Is stronghold a spot on?does anyone know?

Lozzi what treatment did the vets give him?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Pop a trail lead on him so if you get into the situation again he will be able to be moved from wherever you want him to be.He wears it all the time.

Don't let your BF anywhere near him---men tend to use force more than women do and you have already said he has an anger problem, if he gets bitten he WILL get angry.

Jake is being a dog and you didn't listen to him.

You are also putting a lot of emotion out at the moment and Jake is mopping it up for you. He is confused, he isn't sure if you are his protector or he has to be yours.

Getting on the bed---any bed is fine if you want it to be but he must get off when asked, the trail lead will help but when you use it DON'T look at him and always give him an escape route away from you. Same with asking him to move anywhere, ask irst then if he doesn't move pick the lead up and move him with no eye contact and no anger.

You have broken a trust he had that you would understand him and it will take a while to repair it. I stress DON'T involve your bf in this, it will be enough for Jake to cope with repairing your relationship.

Lastly----he is a dog he doesn't bear grudges, he doesn't hate you and he was trying to communicate. Don't stop loving him.

rune
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Brill post rune!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Oh really? Must have missed that. Silly me
Maybe i will shut up then , Although with advocate the owner would get a pack so they can repeat the treatment monthly.
Why did i think he had ear drops???

Is stronghold a spot on?does anyone know?

Lozzi what treatment did the vets give him?
I think he was given a spot on, but you rightly say if it was advocate he would of had a pack of three. Didnt see a pic of him yesterday sorry.

I personally dont think this dog was reacting to pain at all, I dont think his eyes/ears would make him behave like this or they would of done previously. I think he knows he can get away with things and is trying to see just how far he can go.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 09:14 AM
I hope you`re feeling a little less sore now. I expect it will take a few days for the shock to lessen - but it will. Pamper yourself a bit and don`t beat yourself up.
Take your time and in the meantime try to be calm and logical around your dog (difficult I know).
I totally agree with Rune. He`s only a dog, you know? As far as he was concerned you were being out of character, not him. So he reacted.
A House line and a bit of space all round might be best?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 09:16 AM
I think he was given a spot on, but you rightly say if it was advocate he would of had a pack of three. Didnt see a pic of him yesterday sorry.

I personally dont think this dog was reacting to pain at all, I dont think his eyes/ears would make him behave like this or they would of done previously. I think he knows he can get away with things and is trying to see just how far he can go.
I would agree i think its more of a training /relationship issue, though a dog being uncomfy isnt going to help. i suffer from bad skin all over my hands & wrists, im itchy every afternnoon & eveing, i will tear my skin off It isnt painful but it isnt pleasent either!!!!!!!
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »