Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
It probably was me!! I forget what i did yesterday let alone what i posted about, what's this one about again?!?!

I'll be honest and say i was put off by the Gentle leader as it's quite muzzley looking and we already get people looking at Monty like he's going to eat them. Daft as he's more likely to lick them to death. I know i shouldn't let people's opinions bother me.
Yeah i looked into buying one but they do look like your dog has a muzzle on it. Which makes other people a little bit scared of your dog. Where as other dog owners know what it is lol.

See the problem i have with Pepsi is that ive always had her off lead, and done a lot of work with her on fields and stuff. She doesnt pull a whole lot on the lead but even the slightest tug i dont like. So im doing more and more lead walking at the min or i dont think she will pass her bronze KC cert lol
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
Yeah i looked into buying one but they do look like your dog has a muzzle on it. Which makes other people a little bit scared of your dog. Where as other dog owners know what it is lol.

See the problem i have with Pepsi is that ive always had her off lead, and done a lot of work with her on fields and stuff. She doesnt pull a whole lot on the lead but even the slightest tug i dont like. So im doing more and more lead walking at the min or i dont think she will pass her bronze KC cert lol
I think thats half the problem with Monty sometimes, he needs an off the lead walk everyday now to tire him out a bit so spends more time off and i think he gets impatient with being on the lead as he just wants to get to wherever he is going for his good run.

It's frustrating because yesterday he did a perfect off the lead heel whilst walking along the canal. I almost had to pinch myself to make sure i wasn't dreaming and wondered whether he was in fact the same dog!! My secret weapon for this was a golf ball in my hand, i now carry one in all my walking coats and trousers!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Aww Monty's beautiful....Bless him x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Bless him - not particularly impressed, is he?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Can't help but he looks adorable xxxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 08:22 PM
I asked about harnesses a little while back. Check out the post from Carole - with her lovely boxer - must say the harness she has for him seems to fit a boxer really well.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...hlight=harness
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I asked about harnesses a little while back. Check out the post from Carole - with her lovely boxer - must say the harness she has for him seems to fit a boxer really well.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...hlight=harness
Thanks for that link and that harness looks a lot better than the one i bought today!! Looks much more comfortable, will take a look at those. I've bought stuff off Dog Games before and they're pretty good.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Bless him. Woody has the whole range of those toys, they are excellent and he loves them. They all have names and we hide them and tell him to find them by name (Phoebe = pheasant, Lola = Swan, Monty = Mallard and my favourite Goose the Goose!!). It's very funny.

Re the harness I cannot recommend these guys enough - http://www.mekuti.co.uk/harness_shop.htm - reasonably priced and really good in terms of the balance of the harness itself. The fit looks OK, but perhaps abit low on the shoulder. It's important to make sure that the centre piece, where the lead goes is right between the shoulders to distribute the weight/pull more.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 08:56 PM
I got both Beau and Lula one from dog games, not only is the harness really good but the service was fab. They arrived within 2 days of ordering. I would recommend them to anyone
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2