Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
sort of attitude he would expect I think that gives all of you a bad name ....just cos people are green dosen;t mean they can;t afford one infact there is always loads around cheaper for sale these days due to people getting wise on the fuel they guzzle

although i donlt comment to those who wish to drive one thats up to them i just smile when i put petrol in mine when parked next to one at the pump
Mine's more economical on fuel then my 1.6 Vectra was (it's diesel) My OH's car has the same size engine and his guzzles the petrol.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:07 PM
vectra should be much more eco ??? thats why the road tax is highter on the jeep to make folk think twice

mu peugeot holds £42 and will do 1.200 miles plus on that
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:07 PM
I could see their point if he was being an eejit but he drives like an old woman, sorry if I've offended any oldies but he does.I have to take my hat off to him as he can park it really well but not as good as I do,
He absolutely loves it,Colin he says he would prefer what you've got though but he'll have to work even harder to get one, Didn't think he could work any harder, xxxxxxxx
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:09 PM
i've got nothing against Jeep drivers per se.. but i really hate it when i'm driving my clapped-out little punto along a single-track road and a massive, spotless 4x4 comes along and expects me to go off-road while he/she waits in the middle for me to manouvre onto the grass and get stuck.. and then they drive off without even a wave! argh!

but that's just idiotic people.. i'd never be annoyed with someone JUST for owning a jeep.. but i think jeep ownership sometimes goes hand-in-hand with arrogant, stuck-up people who think they own the road.. i don't think your OH should let it get to him.. just enjoy having a fun car and being a non-idiotic jeep driver!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
vectra should be much more eco ??? thats why the road tax is highter on the jeep to make folk think twice

mu peugeot holds £42 and will do 1.200 miles plus on that
The tax on my Shogun is the same as it was on the Vectra (it's not a new one) the insurance is about £4 a month more and I put £40 a week in my car and it's a 2.5lt diesel. I was putting the same in the vectra a week and that was a 1.6.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:13 PM
agreed ..............if people like them that great they just need to remember its got wheels and and an air freshner like every other car it passses LOL
its not special just a bit bigger
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
I was putting the same in the vectra a week and that was a 1.6.
now i;m no machanic LOL but your vectra was pos not running right
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Tell you what you def feel a hell of a lot safer in one too.Oh is always saying take the jeep out but I prefer my old R reg Vectra estate any day Cheaper to run and no dirty looks, xxxxxxx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:22 PM
I wonder what the budget will bring to us all this week re road tax,xxxxxxxxxx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
I wonder what the budget will bring to us all this week re road tax,xxxxxxxxxx
Didn't they say last year that it will be £400 this year for a jeep