Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2019, 09:13 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 14th September, 2019

Sorry I didn't appear yesterday I was grieving for a dear dog walking friend. She had been suffering for nearly 2 years with cancer of the pancreas and finally passed away on Thursday. I phoned Peter her other half on Thursday evening and there was no reply. When I saw him Friday night he told me that there had been 22 phone calls but he didn't answer any of them. The hospital had allowed 9 of her family around her bed even though she was struggling to breathe and was exhausted. She needed to rest and he was so upset because he had no recognition of being her partner for 24 years. He said that she looked awful and the mortuary was very good and put some colour to her face which made her look a lot better. Her sons had taken over the sorting of her funeral arrangements. Poor Pete felt completely shoved aside, Don't know whether she had left a will. He doesn't know what the arrangements are yet either.

I trust you are all well and your four legged friends too, take care everyone, God bless,
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2019, 09:45 AM
Good morning all.

Well and happy here another lovely Autumn day it seems yesterday chicken was lovely and had home cooked chicken and chips with salad lovely. Today chicken and salad.

Moyra so very sorry to hear about your friend and I hope her partner feels included in some way and it resolves peacefully
on both sides families and their relationships can be time and heart consuming.
Brenda Hope all is well
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Good morning Moyra, Kazz and all who follow

Sorry to hear about your friend and hope her husband can feel he is involved in some way.

You always sound so happy where you are Kazz so stay and enjoy life.

Hope things have now settled Brenda nd you have a good day

Lovely morning here and quite warm. Nothing planned except trying to get son up sometime today

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2019, 11:02 AM
Thanks Sue it was purely the cards from estate agents that caught my attention. Think its odd as I am not normally susceptible to "that type of selling" tactic.

Everything I have on my "wish" list for another home I have on my "already have" list

At the moment thinking of juggling the rooms around furniture wise. Opps got to go Gert barking most unusual bet the green garden bag as blown off the chair she hates odd things.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2019, 03:02 PM
Good evening all.

A lovely morning here, but very overcast this afternoon.

Brenda, I hope all is well and your OH is recovering from his latest scare xx

Kazz you are still in the grieving process. A change of home would probably be the worst thing you could do right now and a decision you could well regret so I'm glad you have realised your present home is a good one xx.

Moyra it's so difficult to come to terms with loss. The children probably think they are helping Dad, but he needs to be able to participate in this last act for his wife. I do hope they realise that sooner rather than later xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-09-2019, 08:29 PM
'evening all
Chris - Yes up your way is still nice and rural. I did look around some places in Lincolnshire, decided on Suffolk partly because my closest relative (Brother) is here, not that I see him that often Hope OH is doing OK

Moyra - Sorry to read about your friend, never easy is it.

Lynn - Thanks for the tips on Dillons diet, it's pretty much what we are doing as well, it's hard to see if he's loosing weight but hope to get him weighed at the vets on his next routine visit.

Griff - Nice to see you had the Jag out theother day, must be a great feeling driving around in it. Also hope the next door neighbours have toned it down a bit. Thanks again for all your help in the past. I haven't had a response from Azz so I don't know what's going on, but if I can't pay the way I want to pay then I'll just do without.

Felt quite good today, tomorrow might be different, we'll see.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2019, 11:30 PM
My OH is doing OK now on the whole. Still has some stomach trouble every two or three days, but other than that he's more or less back to his usual, grumpy self

I have everything crossed that tomorrow is no different for you and you feel good again x