Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2019, 06:35 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 31st August, 2019

Good morning all, trust you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle. Harvey hope you are improving daily. Nice bright morning, going to get some washing out but whether it will dry is another thing.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all things safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2019, 08:58 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Breezy warm day here hoping to get washing dry to Moyra.

Day in today waiting for a delivery, did some shopping yesterday after popping over to Mark and Laurens and finding Joel who wasn't answering his phone to see if he would like to go to lunch.
He was in the garage sorting himself to go fishing but he came for lunch and went fishing after we dropped him off.
He is coasting in life again. It doesn't look certain now about the mechanic job and he keeps on saying he wants to do this and that but makes no moves towards sorting it.
The fruits of having no structure in his young life and watching a lazy mother pushing out babies till it nearly kills her ignoring all doctors advice to remain on benefits.
Mark is doing his best to gee him up but without trying to nag we know he is a bit fragile regards living between Harlow and Cambridge.
Gorden might offer and sit down with him to explain about college options, and the fact he needs to of started sorting things for this year.
Nothing is certain though regards job and that makes it hard for him.

It is so hard not to slip him a few pounds here and there but we can't as it will make his life to easy in that regard. Do worry about him he is such a loving boy and we love him immensely and it is frustrating to see him struggling to sort his life out.
Also so annoying his girlfriend has got friendly with Donna. Not good Mark has warned her mum about what she is like so none of that is helping when he is back in Harlow.

griff hope everyone is feeling a little less upset today. Hugs.
Harvey hope you are on the up.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2019, 10:24 AM
Lynn, look up a place called the garage training association and see if they have a branch near you, if there is, get onto them, they will interview Joel, he will have to do some tests...apptitude tests and they will find him an apprenticeship....it will be 4 days work, 1 day college and they will visit him regularly to check on him and make sure he is happy, work are happy and hopefully keep him in the job. It must be very frustrating that his girlfriend is friendly with Donna....what the hell is wrong with the girl? She knows what she has done to Joel which makes it worse!
Overcast here, was going to help dad with the garden but looks like that's not going to happen now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Thank you for that griff. Will look into that if needed very helpful.
Lauren and I are secretely fuming.
I hope this relationship dies a natural death. Tia will be starting college mid september beginning October and works part time so Lauren and I are hoping it kinds of puts Joel in a bad position that he has to make a decision about doing something positive.

Read the news about the xjs. Excellent.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2019, 11:30 AM
Good afternoon all.

Lovely, sunny morning here. A bit breezy, but a nice breezy if that makes sense.

It's so frustrating with kids. You can see what they 'should' do and yet you have to let them make their own decisions. A case of damned if you do, damned if you don't because if you push too hard, they tend to push back harder the other way.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2019, 02:46 PM
http://www.nlggta.co.uk/
That's north London Lynn but if you drop them an email they maybe able to point you in the right direction. As bad as it sounds, I think he would be better off away from his gf, as I say, she knows exactly what Donna is but still is friends with her.....I am fuming with Steve's family, if his step dad was still alive well god help him....I would have given him such a slap...at no point would I ever find myself being civil to him...his biological dad's still alive and I know where he lives...takes me all my strength not to go and give him what for
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2019, 06:09 PM
I suspect if Donna wants to she can be charming and friendly - maybe that's what's happening. I hope your grandson gets together with his granddad and they at least chat about options. So Joel can go away and think it over. Although you say he is a child of confusion he has stability too in his Dad and you two as well as your other son as you said once he struggled before finding his route.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2019, 06:48 PM
E4 had miracle on 34th Street last week and again this week... it's bloody August!! O.k I have started Christmas shopping but that's for financial reasons
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2019, 07:45 PM
Thank you for the link griff.
Kazz we call it manipulative that's how she got away with the c***p she has over the years and keeping social services on her side regardless of what any of us said.
He does have stability in us but he needs a clear direction regards whether this job he thought he might have and apprenticeship works out or a job in Harlow if not he will end up with Mark and Lauren. He will be very unhappy about that.
Chris yes the harder you push the more they push back that's why Mark is playing it softly with him.

Our boys always had some go about them regards work they wanted to earn would do anything and always be on the lookout for something better and to be honest we never had to motivate them. Joel just seems so unaware of the urgency of needing to start getting his life sorted.

He will I guess and we will support him with whatever he needs.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >