Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2019, 06:58 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 29th August, 2019

Good morning everyone. Trust you are all ok and our four legged friends are ok.... RIP Dex, God rest your little soul. Harvey, hope you are a little better this morning.

Have a good day everyone stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless you all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2019, 07:08 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hugs Griff to you and your family, it is never easy but you have made the right decision. RIP Dexter run free you were much loved.

Lovely morning here and Teazle wanted to do her long walk. We were out before seven so no-one around. Managed to find and pick some blackberries whilst she had her share

Have now had time of son's arrival at Heathrow and it will mean me having to leave home at 4.30 am Good thing I love him!

Hope you are doing well Harvey but take care.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2019, 07:33 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all to follow.
Another nice morning here, think it will heat up as the day goes on but for now sunny and a little Autumnal in the air.
Not to be surprised at that as we start into Autumn Sunday.
Where has this year gone ?

griff hugs to everyone. X
Moyra has your visitor moved on ?
Harvey hope you are beginning to feel better after the chemo session.
Goodness Sue what a time remember having to do things like this a while back, can't say as I miss that.

Eldest son Marks birthday today 38 i feel old.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2019, 08:06 AM
Lynn 38 that's nothing try adding another 18 to that 56 that's how old Steve is. I keep telling him to get a good woman and settle down, doesn't get me anywhere!

Our visitor only stayed the one night I am sure he is finding somewhere a lot more hospitable to our stair wells. Hopefully, his situation was only temporary.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Trying not to think of that Moyra another 18 years that will make me 78. Funny how when they are little and teenagers you never quite realise how soon this will be upon you.
Glad the visitor has moved on hopefully he has found somewhere more permanent and not another stairwell or doorway.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Morning all, thanks for all your kind words about Dexter.
Full of tears here, kept waking up in the night with a racing heart...I guess as I have had so much going on it's just catching up with me. My little man is home, the man from the crematorium dropped him back about half an hour ago, he is back with his brother and sister now, his casket is a tiny little thing bless him.
Moyra, I am pleased your visitors moved on
Happy birthday to your son Lynn
Sue...eeekkk, I think I would be staying in a hotel the night before lol
My cousin said the most lovely thing to me this morning, she said that as I have so much happening at the minute maybe I needed another angel on my side and that's my Dex...I like the idea of that
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2019, 11:35 AM
Good morning all.

Beautiful morning. Low 20s and sunny so a very pleasant morning. Gary is on a downer though, but hey, ho, you can't have everything.

That was a lovely thing your cousin said, Kelly. I like to think we can look up to the stars at night and all those we've lost shine down on us x
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Afternoon all.

Home from work getting up at 3am for a 5am start but nice being home at 11. been out with Gert lovely run (her not me) and washing on the line think it may rain but nothing yet so washing blowing nicely.

Moyra Steve has a good woman and settled down sadly you are that woman LOL

Sue Your taxi is up and running again then, is he home for his degree? Good news on the car too passing its MOT.

Lynn Happy birthday to your son, and sure you said his girlfriend this week too. What's the fireplace like now you have it? given as you say we are approaching autumn it will be nice.

Chris A downer is a downer sure he will perk up when he is good and ready. My nephew had a melt down the other day we do not know why as he is pretty much none verbal but something you live with and he is simply Jack.

Griff My heart goes out to you its hard but its the right decision love the cat angel idea. Your Dad sounds like mine used to be he could not come in at all when we lost a dog or I lost the cats. Broke his heart, the bigger they are the harder they fall I think is right and would it not be sad if you did not mourn and miss him.

Have a good day all watching the weather and considering a nap.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2019, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=Kazz;2941093]

QUOTE]

I very much feel you are right Kazz but I am 74 and not getting any younger so who is going to look after him. He is capable of looking after himself but for accommodation will be his problem. The lease for this place is in my name and he is only allowed here as a guest.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2019, 04:24 PM
[quote=Moyra;2941094]
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post

QUOTE]

I very much feel you are right Kazz but I am 74 and not getting any younger so who is going to look after him. He is capable of looking after himself but for accommodation will be his problem. The lease for this place is in my name and he is only allowed here as a guest.
Well that's his call. You can't make him change now. His choice.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >