Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2019, 05:28 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 28th August, 2019

Good morning everyone. I trust you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle and those that are not soon will be. Harvey I hope things are not too bad for you.

We finally have rain here much cooler and pleasenter. Have a good day keep warm and dry and above all safe and well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2019, 06:06 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
We have the rain and it is feeling cooler. I love the sun and the warmth on my bones but my that has been to hot again the last few days.
Last night it got to 27 indoors with fans going so at midnight when it got to 26 I gave up left the patio door open for Dillon and went to bed.
He slept much better and I heard him go out for a lie down on the patio about 3.
Saved him waking us and getting us out of bed.

Hope everyone enjoys the cooler temperatures and that all and four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2019, 07:18 AM
Morning Moyra, Lynn and all to come. Here is a question for everyone:-
If you don't have a mobile phone or it has run out of battery and you need a phone where do you go to find one. That is a working bt phone in a kiosk/box? Is there one in your village/town? I don't have a mobile phone, never had one and just wonder what I would do if I went on holiday and couldn't find a phone box? Just thought it would be interesting to ask. Hope you all have a good day. Yep raining a bit here. Just hope it stops in time for my friend to come for lunch as it is a Wednesday. bfn.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2019, 07:34 AM
I have just taken Amber for a walk and wondered who had put a load of clothes and an old camp bed out in the stair well of our neighbouring flats. Then I looked again and couldn't believe my eyes it was someone dossing down on a camp bed. So closer security needed round here. Worried he could end up stabbing someone or breaking in to get food etc. What is this town coming to?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Ooooh good question brenda a lot of phone boxes now house defibrillators or books for exchange.
Not sure if or where there any working phone boxes in our town.
Maybe before you go on holiday you could google nearest working phone boxes.

Bit worrying Moyra everybody needs somewhere to sleep trouble is you never
know if they are genuinely homeless or homeless due to drugs etc.,.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2019, 07:54 AM
Griff have you had your medication today? I hope so and all is well with you.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2019, 07:59 AM
Lynn, we are wondering where he is toileting could be our stair well or maybe round the corner on the green. I have warned Pat next door but I haven't got John's number and his stairwell is between Pat and him. Steve said he may be off a boat! Illegal but you do not want reprisals if you complain to the police. Not that they would do anything.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2019, 08:43 AM
Good Morning Moyra, Lynn, Brenda and all who follow

Hope your rough sleeper moves on quickly Moyra

Hugs Griff. It is hard when you know the time is near and you cannot make up your mind. Like Kazz I have always said a day too early than a day too late. Hopefully he will rally and prove you wrong.

Raining here. Was lovely when I got up so hung the washing out that has now been put through the dryer. It is meant to brighten up later so hopefully it will be dry for your lunch with your friend Brenda

Hope all are well and you are improving Harvey

Hve a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2019, 09:36 AM
Drying up nicely here and the sun and blue sky is trying hard. Have a good day all. Hugs Kelly.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Brenda there's a phonebox a 10 minute walk from here...and it was working last time I needed to use it but bloody hell 60p minimum charge!
Moyra, not all rough sleepers are wrong'uns and I hope this is the case with your one, always good to keep an eye on things though.
Sue, he was quite perky this morning, then went a bit flat, wouldn't touch his cat food but ate a shed load of treats and warmed salmon took his fancy, I have brushed him this morning and he was putting his head off...he is however booked in at the vets to get his opinion, my dad seems to think he is o.k and was quite annoyed I was talking of having him PTS. I went through an awful time with diesel and I still feel guilty about that 6 years on and I don't want the same thing to happen again. I have rung the crematorium who will allow me to drop off before 6.30pm ...I don't want to leave him at the vets
I have taken my medication and feel sick but hopefully it will pass quickly
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >