View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Got some pictures on [a social network] from England, Marvel is with Steve's family:

spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2012, 01:55 PM
He is growing into such a stunning dog!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Julie Marvel is so gorgeous I bet you are missing him lots..
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Some pictures from Tuesday.

We had a very enjoyable walk in Abbey Lesnes woods, it's quite a lot of steep hills there so we tried to make him run upwards a bit extra to exercise the hind region .

Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-01-2013, 07:44 PM
He is looking well :>
What collar is he wearing ?
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Thank you!
The collar belonged to my Irish Wolfhound. I think it's very pretty so it was a waste not to use it. It's just a standard collar, bought maybe... 4 years or more ago? It's kept really well! Just polished the leather a bit after I pulled it out of a drawer in my mums house.
Have to buy a head collar soon though I think, as soon as I get my finger out.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-01-2013, 07:55 PM
I am always looking out for collars for the boxers that are not OTT , but suit them ....
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Sadly I got no clue where it's from as we bought it at a dog show and it's got no brand name or tags on it .
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2013, 08:06 PM
He is looking stunning.

Hows the testing adolescent stage going Dillon is 14 months now and really testing my patience.
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2013, 08:37 PM
My apologies for wall of text to come!

He is SUCH hard work and he has been for several months already. We are seeing MAYBE minor improvements now though. Hopefully!

I'll just paste some stuff I wrote in another thread:

I've been messaging with other people with similar breeds and I think "unluckily" we have ended up with an idividual who is extremely headstrong and he always wants to get his own way.
I clearly feel this is very different from the other breeds I've had and known (I also used to instruct puppy classes so I've seen a bit more than just friend's dogs).
We bought a boerboel knowing that they can be great family dogs but not neccessarily the best dog to cruise around a dog park with. Our one is like I said 8,5 months and he's never been unpleasant to other dogs but we stay away from dog parks (we go to the woods if possible but still meet some people walking etc) to make sure we continue his good streak and he doesn't get bad experiences.

About making their own descisions.... hehe... our one definitely WANTS to make his own ones. We are very, very aware of this. We have implemented a "nazi" regime where he has to listen to commands. If I say "sit" and he stares at me blankly or tries to walk off I will grad his collar and hold him there until he sits.
He is extremely little reactive to any form of punishment (not just talking about physical punishment, trust me, we've tried lots of things). This makes it hard to correct unwanted behavior and sometimes quite slow to remove bad behaviour specially in the house (lol, he sounds crazy bad now!). You should be aware you can be "unlucky" and get an individual like this. Doesn't matter if it's a male or a female.

He is almost never scared and he quickly gets over "scary" situations.
Yesterday we were walking in the woods and somewhere they were chopping down trees. It was incredibly loud and lots of big, slamming noises he had never heard before. He didn't even batter an eyelid.
Same thing with New Years Eve. Growled maybe once at the fireworks but he didn't even raise his pulse and just stood in the garden thinking about it for a minute before he did a pee and walked back in.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >