Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-06-2011, 09:08 AM
we get static shocks from our car door sometimes
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Wearing Crocs out in public - Are you lot for real?

I had outdoor type walking shoes on at the time. And I wasn't rolling about on cheap nylon carpets either, just for info.

Seems it's a bit more common than I thought! I've never actually had a shock from a dog or shocked a dog before! I sometimes get static shocks from things like car doors etc - I don't like them and can understand why some dogs don't like them either.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Yes!! I gave & received a shock to an ant the other day!!

My garden chairs have nylon covers & I was wearing my crocs (not sure if they are relevant!!)
Tilly was chasing ants on the patio & I went to point at one. Just as my finger hit the pavement I felt/heard the shock & the ant keeled over
I've done it a few times to Tilly & made her fur stand on end too or when I've put her lead on & we both jumped!!
I also get shocks from metal supermarket shelves & the car door I always shut the car door by the pushing the window now
I am a walking static magnet!!
For god's sake, Susie - electrocuting ants! Are you electronically charged or something?!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
For god's sake, Susie - electrocuting ants! Are you electronically charged or something?!
I think it could be linked to the crocs & I practically live in mine & wear them out in public
I've even got jibbitz on them
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Can't say it's ever happened with a dog. I'm terrible for getting them from supermarket trolleys and now will close a car door with my bum or push the window rather than touch them with my hand cause I constantly get shocks from them.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2