Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
frogdog
New Member!
Female 

30-04-2009, 03:02 AM

potty training

hello everyone...i am new at this site...just have a question...i am potty training my puppy..she is 10 wks old. at night we put her in the bathroom with a litter box. she uses it like she should, but i am also trying to teach her to go outside.. am i confusing her??? some days she is sooo good and goes outside and some days its sooo disappointing bc she refuses to go outside to save my life..the litter box is good bc there is no messes on the floor at night.. but she never uses it during the day..except to play and eating the litter. so what do u think???
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2009, 07:46 AM
I think at only 10 weeks old she is doing really well. She will get there if you persevere, puppies are generally only reliable around the 20 week mark. She's having to learn a lot very quickly and no I don't think you are confusing her. Try to relax and don't get stressed , You are doing just fine.
frogdog
New Member!
Female 

30-04-2009, 02:31 PM
thanks for your advice...so do you think she is to young for me to start teaching her tricks...should i hold off untill i have her potty trained, since she is learning so much at once..i dont want to over do her...
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I would say it's never too soon to start with tricks, commands etc. puppies at this age are like a sponge they just suck it all up. Just try to practise little and often we usually do about 5 mins or so several times a day, make it fun with lots of praise and rewards and just watch her blossom.
frogdog
New Member!
Female 

30-04-2009, 03:01 PM
sweet ... thanks...me and my boyfriend started playing around with her a little with the tricks last night...she is really a smart puppy...we are already proud of her...it only took her 2 days with the litter box and she knew to go potty in it at night time...if i could just keep her out of it to play...lol. .thanks for all your help...