Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 10:57 AM

Outlook Express problem

I've got a main pc ( millenium windows) and a lap top (xp) on wireless -well the main brain is plugged in with the ethernet cable so really only the laptop is wireless -they're not networked ( wot I mean is -I can't access files from one to the other is that right ? ) but my problem is I can't send e-mails from either -it started Sunday morning ( Wanadoo tell me its a OE problem ) but why would it affect both pc's at the same time ?? the message I get is that the server has rejected the recipients address ???
Ay Ideas peeps ??
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Sounds like it could be your router settings...you might need to have a look at them. They may well be blocking OE for some reason...which is why both pc and laptop are affected

Have you altered anything to do with your email account recently?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Murphy
the message I get is that the server has rejected the recipients address ???
There is your answer the address you are sending to is it correct? and using the same e mail addy on each system thats why it's coming back the same on each system.

Can you send to any other addy if you can then your settings are correct and no need to change them then this addy is the one at fault check it and try again.

Or try to send from your ISP'S e mail page then you will know that it's your settings or just the email addy you will not be using outlook express to send from your ISP'S e mail page.

Sometimes you can get that error if their inbox is full on their ISP's e mail server.

If they access their e email from the ISP'S home page and not use a e mail client like outlook express then it's always on the server and not removed unless they delete it.

When you use outlook express to download them off your ISP'S e mail server it is removed from your ISP'S e mail server and it then is on your system in outlook express.

So before you open outlook express go to your ISP'S home page and access your e mail from there and you will see all e mails if any on there. Then use outlook express and that will download them from ISP to your system once they are down on your system then go back to you e mail on your ISP'S home page and you'll find that they have gone caus ehtye are now on your system.

(Just a bit of useless info about e mail clients if your intrested and how they work with your isp's e mail server)
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the replies ..somehow mysteriously it has fixed itself today whilst I've been at work which leads me to believe its been a glitch at 'there 'end ' ..

Leo I tried lots of different addies -including my own- and replying to existing mails -none worked but its fixed --hurrah ..the thing that really got my goat was the helpline people ..they are sooo rude !! methinks a change maybe afoot ...but thanks again peeps
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Murphy
methinks a change maybe afoot
If you do change ask your new isp if there is any info that they need off wanadoo so they can switch over faster.

It took 7 days to switch from wanadoo to BT but BT said that if we got I think it was the MAC address or something like that they could change over faster.

Good luck in your search for a new ISP if your going to change