Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LarryYT
New Member!
Male 

17-11-2015, 07:00 PM

Tracking Device for my New Corgi?

Hi all,

I have been lurking a while, and finally decided I was ready to get my first dog for myself. I got an awesome corgi!! I love him already, but he has shown the ability to be quite adventurous which has me a bit worried.

I am leaning towards getting one of these devices http://newsdailynow.com/2015/11/16/pet-tracking/ so I am not as paranoid. That little device is about the size of quarter so it doesn't seem like it should bother him much. As a pet owner, I can't see why it wouldn't be a good idea to use one.

If anyone has any advice about tracking devices, I would love to hear.

-thanks in advance!
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2015, 07:18 PM
Hi LarryYT welcome to Dogsey. I don't have a tracker device for my dog but if you look up reviews of them on google they don't appear to be very reliable. Check out Amazon especially and you'll read what problems people have with them.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2015, 12:13 AM
I dunno as long as you have a fenced in yard and always keep them on leash I'd think a tracker wouldn't be needed. My dogs are chipped. In any case they're never more than ten feet away from me by their choice. I agree though, if you're really worried about it, research Amazon.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Welcome to Dogsey.
I've not used one myself. I think it would depend on how good the make of tracking device was.

i walk round my local park but if I walked in places like large woods or heath land maybe I would think about having one.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Surely it would be the job of seconds for someone to take the collar off and take the dog. I would like to see some sort of tracker device included in the microchip myself.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Tawneywolf that's what I would like as well. I had checked on trackers a few weeks ago as I think that Sammy is very 'stealable' as he's so small and was disappointed to find they attached to collars and so easily removed.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2015, 01:22 PM
Oh never thought of that . I have a stealable dog too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2015, 01:24 PM
You can't exactly put mine in your pocket, even when they're born they are too big for a pocket, but not a lot about to say the least, so would be happy to test a tracking device chip if anyone comes up with it. I am sure it can't be difficult, I'm sure they've come up something similar for humans with dementia or at risk