Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 07:57 PM

A bulb tip

Instead of planting bulbs in the garden how about planting them in plastic pots then when they are almost ready to flower plant the pots......yes ....plant the pots in your border where you have gaps. Then when they have finished dig to pots up you have no unslightly dying down foliage a devil in small gardens....and replace the pots with the next thing ie Daffs replaced with Tulips....what do you think? Good idea eh?
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 08:02 PM
It's a good idea, and it would be good for me, as I buy extra bulbs every year and can't plant them as I can never remember where the previous years bulbs are, so always end up digging up bulbs I shouldn't.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Good tip! we are awful with bulbs, and never have any success
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm just in the process of having my garden made bigger. The council have demolished the flats next door and they will give me another 3 metres, not much I know but my garden is really small and 3 metres is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I have been collecting some plants and bulbs ready to plant in my 'new' garden, just hope it gets done in time for me to get my bulbs in. I have bought miniature narcissi, grape hyacinths, and some fragranced daffs. I love perfumed flowers. At the moment I have some Nicotiana just near my back door and the perfume from them in the evening is just lovely. Just harvesting seed heads right now. Perhaps we could organise a seed exchange for all the gardeners on here????

Yes it is a good idea, one I may well take up, I have plenty of pots to go at!