View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Call me common.. BUT.. On price drop TV last night there was a Chocolate throw.. it was 2 metre square.. and it was reversible.. choc on one side and latte (cream) on the other..I think it sold for about £20..

I love that channel.. I got a George Foreman grill for £15 and a stainless steel fryer for £12
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Just call me Hyacinth!!

You get what you pay for in the end. I'm a cheapskate too, most of the time This one is really, really thick and heavy and will last me a few years. I take the cheaper route when I can, if I see something I really like and is good quality.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Nice one Helen.
Dorma do some fab throws too, In the large departmental stores.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Very nice Helen, it looks nice and heavy, perfect for winter

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I finally went for this one (the third one in the photo) ...

http://www.garnethill.com/jump.jsp?i...roductID=12183

Although I had to order it from the States it was really the only one I found that would look best in the style of room we're decorating, so thank you to Ooee for providing me with the link, now I'm counting down the days until it arrives.

Also tempted by this one, but one must be sensible - it was just too expensive, but beautiful though

http://www.garnethill.com/jump.jsp?i...2C2%2C5%2C9126

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 07:07 PM
No Ingrid, I like the one you chose, the other one is a bit too chintzy don't you think? My Mum likes it, and that's enough for me!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Phew Helen, as long as you like it

It's so nice to get little bits and pieces like that for the room don't you think, gets one prepped for winter
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Lol! Yes I like it better than mine! Mine's a bit too dark,the one you ordered is a gorgeous taupy colour, love it! but then I did go and paint the blooming room in a coffee and cream colour, so I'm stuck with accessories to match now. It makes Dave feel sick when he goes in there! He's gone all pale grey in his room, with white, which is quite manly I suppose, but he hates my room colours! I will by this time next year, and I won't be able to shift that great big wardrobe to repaint it! I just wish the beige was maybe a lighter cream and more of it though. I've got a great duvet cover in a very pale beige with dark brown big stripe all around, so maybe it will look better when I've got that underneath and showing, with the bedspread folded to the bottom maybe?

Don't you just love the winter - I do all that snuggling up in front of the coalfire, and in bed trying to keep warm. Soooo much better than dripping in sweat trying to keep cool in the summer. I'm definitely a winter gal through and through! I ordered my coal today too, and I can't wait to put that central heating on!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
My new double one arrived this morning! Here it is I wish the beige bits were a bit creamier, but I still like it! It was £65 or £69 at the Littlewoods Catalogue, but because I got £25 off for my first order it's only cost me £40!! I do have an eye for bargains I must admit!! It's very thick and heavy too, and lined, I shall be snug as a bug when the cold weather comes, and the dogs can't get on my new bed, it's too high, so that's a bonus, no more muddy paws on my bed!!
OOOOhhhh!! I like that!!!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Helen I totally agree with you, your description is 100% on the mark, feel like wrapping up with a cosy blanket and a cup of hot chocolate and marshmallows to accompany it - bliss!!!!

May winter come quickly

P.S. I think you've done great with the cover, as it is said, you are the supreme bargain hunter and its a great purchase
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2