Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2019, 06:37 AM

Daily chat Wednesday 4th December 2019

Morning can you believe it only 3 weeks to go? Nothing but repeats. Comes round every year. Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2019, 06:59 AM
Good morning Brenda and al who follow

Your up early like me then Brenda

Cold, dark and frosty so had to warm car up to defrost it. Bought a windscreen cover the other day and I must say it was nice not having to try and get the ice of the screen . One bed changed and now in the machine and done lot of ironing done too. Only the bedding to do now. What an exciting day I have

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe and warm.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Morning Sue, you sound busy? No frost here but a bit chilly. Off to feed the birds. Have a good day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2019, 08:16 AM
Good morning girls, have a good day and stay safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2019, 08:55 AM
Morning all
I am still in bed, got to get up as I am taking my mums friend to the vet with her dog...the dogs a nightmare in the car...we are going in a taxi so this will be fun lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2019, 09:12 AM
Kelly, Use a bit of food to keep his attention on you. Cream cheese works if you have any. Takes them awhile to lick it off a spoon or even your fingers.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2019, 09:52 AM
Brenda... nothing works! Tried everything with him, as she doesn't have access to a car I can't even train him to just get used to sitting in it and not going anywhere. I was covered in scratches last time...that was through thick jeans and a leather jacket! And my dad's car...well least said about that the better but if it had been my dog I would have had to be paying for new door casings!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Brenda and al who follow

Your up early like me then Brenda

Cold, dark and frosty so had to warm car up to defrost it. Bought a windscreen cover the other day and I must say it was nice not having to try and get the ice of the screen . One bed changed and now in the machine and done lot of ironing done too. Only the bedding to do now. What an exciting day I have

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe and warm.
Sue get your lad to buy one of these. https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2262286
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2019, 11:18 PM
Good evening all.

It's now official. My husband is nuts.

Tonight he decided to replace the inside bit of the toilet cistern (the thing that makes it flush) because it was filling really slow so he bought a replacement. All well and good except...........

First, he couldn't turn the stop tap off. My fault, of course, because there was too much under the sink. Emptied the half dozen or so items and, guess what, it was still stuck. After a bit of swearing and jiggery pokery he got the water turned off.

Next he replaced the thingymawotsit and asked me to stand at the side of the cistern to make sure it didn't leak - it didn't. Great.

Next was setting it so that the water level was right,

Chris come here. I did, he flushed the loo. It only half filled so he jiggled and screwed something.

Chris, watch now. I did, it filled too much.

I left him to it and went back to Corrie.

Chris come here. I did and it didn't fill enough again so I went back to watch Corrie.

Chris come here.

You get the drift.

Anyway, after much swearing from him and much frustration from me about keep getting up to watch a toilet cistern fill, or not as the case may be, instead of watching Corrie it is finally fixed. Yay

Nuts I tell ya. Completely bonkers