Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2014, 10:05 PM

How long to settle into new home?

Just curious how long it took you to settle into a new home?

Same question for your dogs?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2014, 07:15 AM
Well I settled immediately cos it was my dream home
But my dog at the time, Nippy, just could not settle. In fact she was so distressed I thought I would lose her
Then I remembered how in our last house she used to sit on the spare bed and look out the window. She had her own cover.
So I found her cover, put it over the bed in the spare room and she found it in no time and snuggled down.
We never looked back after that
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-09-2014, 07:40 AM
My last homes immediately except one we were moved in a year to our dream house and lived there 17 years. This house not settled at all and as soon as possible it will be going on the market. Dillon has settled very well.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-09-2014, 07:45 AM
The only time I have moved into a new home with a dog was from my previous rented tiny bungalow to this one, with my Little One. She was a very placid little dog - just went around having a good look and sniff - realised the bed was the same so "her" bed was OK. The then very ancient couch was the same - and that was all she bothered about.

As I have no intention of ever moving from here, which is the only home Pereg has ever known, I am just glad I will never have the upheaval again.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-09-2014, 09:46 AM
it depends on how the previous owners left it and how big the house is. Having just done a move to a large 4 bed house it has been about 3 months so far and still got a bit more to do.
Then hopefully most of the work will be completed.

For some idea removed 4 aerials off the roof and new fitted-7/8 door locks/catches fitted/replaced- new boiler and radiator and replaced 2 with heated towel rails- completely new bathroom- 2 rooms recarpeted-oven professional cleaned- electrical work do for boiler power shower etc-4 window handle gearboxes replace and 8 new sliding units for the windows- new bathroom floor (lino type) walls tiled and new shaver/light units (2) -new light fittings in lounge'

Still got

Downstairs toilet to remove wall paper and get tiled- main bedroom to redecorate and new carpet- new carpet in hall /stairs/landing and finally replace rest of light fittings as they are just bulbs hanging down at the moment

AS for Teazle as soon as she saw a settee she was home
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Took me about 10 secs to settle,that's the time it took to open the front door and switch on the kettle
Lacey settled instantly,all the size of her at the time,I was amazed.In saying that she's been ridiculously pampered since she arrived so didn't get a chance to fret
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2014, 03:49 PM
I never felt settled in all the years I lived in my old house but the minute I walked in the door I felt settled and at home here. Its so perfect for me.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Varies then!

I move tomorrow!!

Excited but nervous as I'm nearly 26 and this is my first ever move lol

Hope Alfie settles okay too!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-09-2014, 05:19 AM
Good luck with your move today Kammi.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-09-2014, 06:21 AM
Good luck from me as well! How exciting for you! Are you moving to a house or a flat - once you are in and have all the basics that you need, I am sure you will make it "your" home, if not the second that you walk in the door.

Alfie will be fine - when he sees you happy and he will be happy. And like you, he will soon learn where everything is and which room is which - although if you are anything like me it does take a couple of days of waking in the mornings and wondering where on earth you are!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >