View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 03:47 AM
What a wonderfully resourceful crowd you all are! Thank you! For so many great suggestions.

As the money tree has been stripped to feed needy ones, and as the cost of even delivery here would be great, will manage somehow without any cost. Apart from maybe a cheap air mattress or lump of foam.

There is a large solid spare old door in the shed here and spare wooden chairs so may be able to build a bed from all that later.

Thanks again..
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 04:05 AM
Hi, Rosebud. I hope you can figure something out. When my big, fat Nigredo flattened out his dog bed and it needed to be fluffed back up I went to a thrift store and bought about 9 used comforters (about $30.00).

I cut them open and used the filling to fill his doggy bed. I also hand washed and dried much of the fluff and stuffed several pillowcases (bought at same store for about $6, and washed) with the filling and sewed them closed to use as proper pillows. I stored anything I didn't use for later. Lot cheaper than buying pillows, which are about $14 a piece usually.

But you know, if I had wanted to... the filling of 9 old comforters into one and then sewn back together and wrapped with a large sheet might make a decent mattress or something. These thrift places can really be of use when you are strapped for money. Taking the comforters apart allows you to hand wash the fluff and machine wash the outer layer.

I am not sure if you have one there, but if you do... it could be very useful indeed, even if only in the future. Good luck!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 06:09 AM
How about this!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...542.htm#tabrev

Looks perfect and reduced...good reviews too..
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 06:18 AM
Looks good! Thumbs up
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2014, 07:13 AM
I agree with Myra, Rose. I slept on a regular [not a high] airbed direct on the ground in all the years I took the children camping. True I was a lot younger then but so could cope with getting up from it, but it was one of the most comfortable mattresses I have ever slept on.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I agree with Myra, Rose. I slept on a regular [not a high] airbed direct on the ground in all the years I took the children camping. True I was a lot younger then but so could cope with getting up from it, but it was one of the most comfortable mattresses I have ever slept on.
If you look at argos ie there are many much cheaper even. And if I manage a bed base later...It is the getting up that worries me! HEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAVE!

Drat; offer closes on Friday and I may not be able to get in before then and the money wont be there until then either.. we shall see.
And there are others... I looked at foam mattresses and the price!

When I was in hospital last year I was in one of those air bed that move around and the breathing noise kept me awake
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 02:26 PM
http://www.bobvila.com/bed-storage/4...slideshows#!17

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Bed-Frame-31/

What fun! I was only part joking re a diy bed base. Could work very well indeed...plenty of wood in the shed.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2