Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 06:40 PM

"Sock doll" pictures!

Do you have a "demon sock gobbler" in your washing machine? Do you ever wonder what to do with all those odd socks you have left after the other one has disappeared?
I found a book from the library showing lots of different "sock dolls" and I thought I would make some as Jamie's socks always seem to go walkabouts!

Izzy keeps looking at them longingly where they are displayed on the dresser but they are securely out of paw's reach I know what she would like to do with them if they ended up in the "jaws of death"!

Thanks for looking!
RinTinTin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Well I think they're brilliant - funny, soft and totally unlike those over-designed knitted efforts that people find so creepy.

What's the name of the book? (I think I see a fund-raising opportunity...)
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by RinTinTin View Post
Well I think they're brilliant - funny, soft and totally unlike those over-designed knitted efforts that people find so creepy.

What's the name of the book? (I think I see a fund-raising opportunity...)
Thanks! The book is called "Stray sock sewing-making one-of-a-kind creatures from socks"
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Ha! Love it! Think i will be sending you my odd sock collection!!!!
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Thats really good. I always have loads of half a pair of socks in the drawer in fact when my husband came home on Friday he was wearing one blue sock and one grey one because the other half of the pair had holes in them. Hes back off to England in the morning and he is taking them with him.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Brilliant! Just love them
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Ha! Love it! Think i will be sending you my odd sock collection!!!!
Oh no-not more!!

Originally Posted by Lulusmum View Post
Thats really good. I always have loads of half a pair of socks in the drawer in fact when my husband came home on Friday he was wearing one blue sock and one grey one because the other half of the pair had holes in them. Hes back off to England in the morning and he is taking them with him.
sounds like my hubbie. I noticed he was wearing odd socks at church one day and I threatened him if he did it again that I would stand up and ask for prayer because I was married to someone who wore odd socks!

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Brilliant! Just love them
Thank you!