Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-02-2010, 08:04 PM
An update on Buddy from his fosterer:

“Buddy out walking this morning with the normally very stroppy Rigsby.... they were happy to sniff the same smells and were perfectly happy in each other's company.

Buddy's been a busy boy today - here he is on another walk meeting lots of dogs including Coco (in foster with Frances) and Bruno (rehomed to Anne last year). He coped so well and is very eager to please. When dogs approach him he will sit for a treat until they pass and it is only if they get too close that he will object”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-02-2010, 07:39 PM
An update from Buddy's foster home:

"Buddy has been with us a little while now and has settled into a routine that seems to suit him. He is absolutely no problem to walk - will walk with my three with no problems at all. He will sit for treats and let other dogs pass although we are always vigilant when other dogs are around.

He is extremely affectionate - has a thing about ears!! He really loves his cuddles and is very rewarding if picky over who he likes and doesnt. But, once introduced he seems to like everyone once he has gained their trust and sussed them out.

I really can't fault him in the house - clean, quiet, obedient, fine to be left, never destructive (except with his toys) and doesnt chew anything he shouldnt

He is a much happier, more relaxed and a plumper boy than when he arrived!!

With my son having some cuddles

On a walk, behaving very nicely

Walking really amicably with Rigsby"
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Buddy had fun in the sun today....lots of walks and games with his favourite squeaky bone .

terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2010, 10:41 PM
He is just more and more like my Tonto..... how can anyone resist him?
He can't be homes with other dogs I'm thinking if I remember his thread right?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-02-2010, 11:06 PM
An update by Buddy's fosterer:

"It's a bit of mystery why no one has wanted to offer this little guy a home?

He has SO much going for him and the more we get to know him, the more accomplished he seems
Without doubt Buddy is one of the most affectionate dogs I have met - he loves to be cuddled and handling him is no problem at all. He adores attention, will play for as long as you will, will walk as much or as little as you want and is wonderful company - he loves to be with you but wont object if you have to leave him a little while.

My younger son (aged 11) is smitten with him and they cuddle up together to watch TV. Buddy is reassured by the confidence of the person handling him - we have had no issues with Buddy at all in the home. His only dislike is the intrusive actions of some off lead dogs but it is perfectly possible to walk Buddy with other dogs once they have been introduced so it would be a shame if this put off any potential homes. He really is a delightful loyal dog who will brighten the life of some lucky person"

Buddy having a cuddle

Feeling mellow.....

Watching the winter Olympics...

but found them really boring
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Buddy ... photos courtesy of Gemma, one of our volunteers:

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-04-2010, 10:41 PM
An update from Buddy’s fosterer:

“Buddy is well - such a character and full of beans! We would love this boy to find his forever home and are dreading the day he may have to return to kennels if no home is forthcoming.

Buddy has just enjoyed a long and muddy walk in Swinley Forest - he adores his walks and I have had him on a long loose line and he hardly leaves my side. His recall is very good but you have to watch for other dogs suddenly appearing in 'his' territory.

He is an immensely rewarding dog and needs experienced handlers who will spend time working on his confidence and tolerance of situations out of his comfort zone. He is so affectionate, cheeky and loveable. He adores his cuddles and the welcome he gives in the morning makes getting out of bed almost enjoyable!!

Well, Buddy had a fantastic walk this afternoon - we let him go on his loose lead and practised his recall which was 100%! He is very motivated by both food and squeaky toys or sticks so attracting his attention is easy.

He had such fun, with my daughter throwing sticks for him and Mabel and they had a good swim in a nearby pond although normally he avoids water!

This is SO what he needs a daily dose of - time focussed on him alone and it is wonderful to see the results! He is such a quick learner and responds immediately to commands. I think he would love agility if his mind could be kept on the job in hand and not the other dogs.

Some pictures from Buddy's afternoon walk today:

Buddy is still waiting for his forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-05-2010, 03:30 PM
“I had the pleasure of walking Buddy for the first time yesterday. Luckily Janet was on hand to get the harness on as he was very excited to be going out but once we were in the woods he walked like a dream. Such a lovely boy”.

Can't believe he is still in kennels waiting for a foster or forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-06-2010, 06:32 PM
An update by Gemma:

Aw, little Buddy. He got so exited about going out that he felt the need to grab the lead with his teeth and pull, but once we got out the kitchen door he was good as gold for the rest of the walk. I like seeing Buddy, He seemed to like walking with Laura, he's a little cutie.

Buddy is available for foster until his forever home comes along.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Buddy the JRT Marches on!

http://www.terrierrescue.co.uk/page35.htm

He is still in kennels waiting for either a foster home or his forever home to come along.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >