Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-12-2009, 06:12 PM

Buddy, Jack Russell Terrier, DOB 07.07

Buddy, Jack Russell Terrier, DOB 07.07

His Story: Buddy grew up in a tweeny family, but they were busy and following a separation it was clear Buddy had his own needs.

Salient points: Buddy needs confidence behind him and sensitivity to his terrier makeup. He needs to build trust before you get too up close and comfortable with him. A terrier experienced person knows the terrier picks up on our vibes and relaxes according to our reassuring aire? Nippy can be, but a rariety; absent in trusted situations.

Advert: Buddy has the most wondrous colouring with a broken to wire coat..so a head turner. Born in July 07 ..yes 0707..007! He has found himself in rescue due to a marriage break up, but also having had owners who weren't confident around terriers generally so tended to keep him away from situations where his terrier ways came to the fore i.e. visitors. His enthusiasm in meeting certain dogs was a concern, but certainly in our care Buddy has gone from strength to strength with people that 'get him'. He meets dogs well though may occassionally grumble under his breath. But yes Buddy is of the ilk where grumpy old man might be laid on his shoulders as his fur greys.

Terriers; you love their character and work with it or shy away. We are delighted to have this little man with us, but sooo wish more for him. Terrier people have a sense of humour and lack "the blame consciousness"..lots of forgiveness and analysis goes along the lines of 'OK so you don't like that my lad, we'll manage it a slightly different way next time..come on lets have a walk!' So Buddy is looking for an owner that doesn't take his serious character too seriously. An owner that lightens him up, understands Buddy so wants to have fun; so wants to love and trust, but is a little wary until the signs are clear..no worries lets play!

"Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-01-2010, 10:05 PM
An update by one of our volunteer kennel walkers:

“Buddy was absolutely up for his walk today – couldn’t wait to get going. I think he wanted to show Percy the way . Dear Buddy, a true terrier, full of fun, sparky, cheeky . This is a dog who makes you smile, takes things in his stride, gets on with the job all with a gorgeous terrier grin.
We also had a play in the paddock with Buddy and he fetched his ball and sat for treats and had a good run around. His little legs should be tired by now!!”

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Buddy packed his little bag and said goodbye to his cold kennel and hello to a nice warm car - travelled beautifully, not a murmur - and then a big hello to Xristine and her nice warm house! Buddy is now in a foster home

Buddy arrived via the Rigsby Dog Delivery service (Thank you!!!!). I've taken him for a walk across the woods to the ranges and along the canal. He has wee-ed for England.

Currently curled up next to the rad in my study. He's an absolute gem. A real JRT - puts his feet down when he doesn't want to go outside but then accepts I can just pop him under my arm and goes out anyway. He's hilarious.

I've brushed him, woman handled him to get the harness on and adjusted and even given him a bath. He loves baths and loves being brushed. Adores being towelled down and makes the sweetest grunting noises when he wants attention. I could live with this dog! He has been really loved and it shows.

This is a bit grainy - he doesn't like the flash so I've had to switch it off. He has a much bigger bed downstairs but this one is by the rad in my study... He likes it better than the futon...

I love this one - just look at the cheeky expression... he needs the door opened...

Buddy has settled into life in a house again and has remembered absolutely everything about being house trained. Today he met traffic along the road for the first time and wasn't bothered by cars, a bus, a lorry and a couple of vans. Someone called at the house to deliver something and I tucked him under my arm while I took the parcel in and signed. He was fine. Didn't bark at the bell or the person - just looked on with interest.

The first is a photo in the snow from today and the second one was taken in the conservatory yesterday.

He has to be on a lead in my garden because the fences aren't 100% for a JRT - fine for a St Bernard...

Buddy is still looking for his forever home!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 06:39 AM
What a gorgeous lad

Hope you find a forever home soon, Buddy x

MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 07:19 AM
What a handsome boy. I hope he finds a good terrier home soon xx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Yep, fosterers are invaluable :action-smiley-033:

A couple of photos from his fosterer today.

I apologise for the smidgen of liver on his chin... you just can't get the staff these days and napkins hadn't been provided for the guests.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Buddy’s foster placement came to an end today as is fosterer is now back at work full-time. Here is an update from the lady that transported him back to kennels and is a volunteer walker for us:

“It was with a heavy heart that I collected Buddy today . He gave me a wonderful welcoming greeting - no barking when I rang xristines door bell - but he had no idea that I was returning him to kennels .
He tried to be a brave lad but the truth is that kennels stresses him and he immediately displayed the behaviour that was totally absent whilst he was with xristine. How he presents in kennels is not at all his true self.
He has shown himself to be a really wonderful boy whilst in foster and this should be borne in mind by anyone contemplating offering this chappy his forever home. He has SO much to give and he is desperate to do so.
He did go for a little walk but his heart wasnt really in it”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-01-2010, 10:48 PM
A message from Buddy’s past fosterer:

“I’m sorry he’s sad. I miss him! I loved having him here. I had exams and was away from home all day so we had to return him yesterday.

I discouraged him from forming a bond because I couldn’t foster for long so I’m sure it’s the house he misses! Rigsby got much more of a welcome than I’ve ever got! He left very cheerfully poor little mite; I expect had he known he might have shown the JRT obstinacy.

A couple more photos from here.

That's the famous ball on a rope which we used for the games we played.

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Oh he's adorable, a real character i can see....he's do me just fine. I wish you were not so far away, I'd foster him indefinately...he'd probably end up staying as well

Best wishes for his forever home xxxxx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Written by one of our volunteer walkers today:

“I had quite an interesting time with Buddy today. He was doing a lot of barking and bouncing again but I was determined that he was going out for a walk. I put his lead on which he immediately grabbed and shook, so he had a stern telling off and he gave up straightaway and trotted happily to the kitchen.

When we got outside, he put the brakes on which normally means he isn't going anywhere, but today I just carried on walking. After a few seconds he took the brakes off and we had a lovely,easy walk with lots of beautiful sits for treats (he still snatches treats from me!) and strokes.
I think he's sulking, but he'll get over it”!

From Buddy’s previous fosterer:

“Looks like a JRT sulk. In 6 days I said Bad Dog! for nudging Hektor's cage (hamster) and for trying to 'kill' the Dyson. I wish he could have stayed but I'm back at uni and it’s an 8 to 12 hour day

I’d be fascinated to see him in kennels but I bet I’m in big trouble even if he did walk off cheerfully with Rigsby

I'm sure that in a home setting he'll remember his manners as he did here.

Two (final) photos taken in the snow in my garden which isn’t JRT proof hence the flexi”.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >