View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Dear Archie has been with us in foster since February 2009! He is currently living with other German Shepherds in a foster home and is as good as gold … in fact he is pure 24 carat!

Archie still desperately needs a home of his own though. Are you able to adopt him and offer him the security and TLC that he needs?

If you are interested in re-homing Archie please complete our homing questionnaire.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Here's the handsome Archie - he really loves his toys! I love how his nose curves down at the end - bit of a Roman nose going on!

And a quick snap of his friend, Dave

If you are interested in re-homing Archie please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-01-2011, 10:23 PM
A few more pics of Archie playing with his foster buddy ...

If you are interested in re-homing Archie please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Thought I’d just give a reminder on Archie and the type of home he is looking for in case you are looking for a dog just like him and haven’t until now spotted him …

Homing Requirements: Archie needs to live with another confident dog. Archie's one issue is initial trust. He can come forwards but right tone of voice and he is reassured usually by his handler. When meeting dogs he gives an intro. jib; many Collie x Shepherds can do this. Archie needs controlled introductions to dogs; gets concerned with people coming too fast; too close. Good around horses! He is adaptable and proven living within a pack of dogs and in foster with dog confident people family. Not to live with young children. Gentle natured.

His Story: Archie was found stray as a 8 month pup in a dreadful, nervous state Jan 09. He was unclaimed. His confidence has grown 100 fold since then and he has matured into a truly beautiful dog. Archie is neutered, chipped and vax'd.

Advert: Archie is 80% German Shepherd. His ears however suggest a complimentary influence perhaps Collie. He is young, around 18 months old and sensitive by nature! Archie is a loving dog who bonds well. He loves being out and about, interested in everything and does well in crowds funnily. Archie loves travel. He is very chilled when in foster with the horses, loves water - the hosepipe is one of his favourite games. Archie's confidence comes from his handlers. Currently in foster with other GSD’s and enjoying a holiday from kennels. A really good boy.

Archie mixes well with dogs and his submissive nature shines through, after initial nerves. Other dogs are pleased to have him around. Sadly the only thing he needs work on is barking and coming forwards when he sees other dogs, people or traffic approaching fast and close. He obviously got a scare when stray. If you love Shepherds and if you have met the Shepherd x Collie mix before, you'll know he is a Whow. He will trains well. He loves being out and about or pottering at home. Superb dog. Looking for his forever home with a fab family.

If you are interested in re-homing Archie then please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Archie has been with us in rescue since FEBRUARY 2009!!!!! He is doing so well in foster, but he really needs to find his own forever home. Could you adopt Archie?

If you think you can offer Archie a home please then complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Archie came back into kennels recently and our volunteers were looking forward to meeting him. Here is an update from Tony who picked him up …

“I also took quite a shine to Archie.

When I arrived to pick him up he ran over to the gate. I gave him some treats and hello's through the gate. He was sitting nicely for treats and taking them gently. John let me in to say hello to Archie and he was a good boy. He jumped up once to say hello and then was sitting nicely for treats. Archie is nervous of new people initially, but soon makes friends.

Then we headed over to Farnham kennels. I arrived at the kennels nearly an hour early for the group walk. I got Archie out of the car to go to the toilet and stretch his legs. He sat with me nicely for a while getting strokes and cuddles. Then Archie and I went for a short half hour ish walk.

When the others arrived we set off on our group walk. I had to share Archie with Janet on the group walk LOL! (Everyone was keen to walk him)!

Archie rubbed along well with the other dogs and enjoyed their company. He's quite a water baby and wanted to dive in the puddles and ditches. They were a bit mucky though so couldn't really let him.

Hopefully he is really tired out after his walks and will sleep well tonight”.

Archie is available to foster until his forever home comes along. If you think you could foster Archie then please get in touch.

If you think you can offer Archie a home please then complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Lynne walked Archie ...

"Delighted in meeting our close friend Archie a few days ago. He has a build up of frustrated energy so I decided to leave his muzzle off and allow him to enjoy his walk the best we could".

Archie is currently in boarding kennels and would love some time in another foster home. If you are able to foster Archie then please get in touch.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

31-05-2011, 08:12 PM
An update from Janet, one of our kennel volunteers:

“I spent some time with Archie today, grooming him, playing ball with him and then we went for a long walk. He really didn't mind being brushed but wanted to play ball at the same time! He plays like a puppy - very clumsily LOL. My photos don't do him justice at all - he's a very handsome and loving boy who's really in need of a home and some input.

Just look at those eyes - they always make my heart melt

That ever so lovely gentle paw and sit:

Please note that Archie is currently in boarding kennels and also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Archie has found his forever home!
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3