View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Poor Marie was practically bursting with unspent energy today, and I left the kennel with a spinning top at the end of the leash. She quickly fell into her walk when we turned towards the horse-pasture field, and we had an enjoyable walk around the long way, circling back a bit, and finding the only mud puddle in the neighbourhood to stomp through. Like for meagle, the barking Rotties and Labradors didn't faze her one bit. Overall, she was quite a bit more stressed, though, than I'd have liked, and even when we were back, and I had a chat with the family that was there to view Izzy, she couldn't stand still.

So after a good drink of water, she got a run-around the paddock in addition to the walk, and looked a lot happier afterwards. Even for Marie there comes the point when wants to rest in the shadow.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-04-2010, 09:06 PM
An update from one of our volunteer kennel walkers:

“Marie was her usual energetic little self at first but once she burnt off her energy she managed to make friends with darling little Ringo. She was too full on for him at first but after a good jog with a new walker she calmed enough for them to walk more closely. They got up close and personal but remained on good terms. Marie can mix well with the right dogs outside. After all that though she needed a good drink and a nice lie down".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Marie had a wonderful walk yesterday through bluebell covered woods ...

Here she is having spotted the horses

Marie would make a wonderful jogging partner!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-06-2010, 08:28 PM
An update from Lynne who took Marie for a walk today:

“Blisters on my feet and 4 walks under my belt, but as Alison says you push yourself for one more and it had to be YOU! Superb YOU! Marie met 2 dogs on her walk and walked passed them beautifully.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-07-2010, 08:43 AM
An update from Antoine, one of our lovely volunteers:

"Walked Marie for the first time today. I think she looks more petite in real life than in her pictures. Lovely dog, plenty of energy, I will try and take her out for a jog next time".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Marie went for a nice walk with our other longer term girlies Jessie and Winnie and they were all very respectful of each other.

Just a quick pic - not too good but Marie does love to be wet:

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-08-2010, 07:21 PM
An update from Lynne on Marie:

Marie isn't doing well in kennels. She spends her days curled up in her bed and her underskin has begun to break down. Today Auntie Lorraine and Uncle Frank asked her if she wanted to come out and play with Blue and Rhona? She DID!

Was keen to meet, but no excited barking although initially a tad too keen. As she relaxed, she mixed and soon was intermingling and a little overture of play. You could tell she has happy to be amongst dogs and so needs gentle intros to 'soft' dogs.

Marie would seriously benefit from some TLC in a foster home until her forever home comes along. She really needs a break from kennel life. Are you able to offer that to her?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-08-2010, 08:30 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

"My first walk with Marie today, what a solid girl she is ! She was VERY excited to see me with a lead in my hand ...... in fact, so excited I had to use all my best wrestling moves to get her into her harness!!

She settled well into her walk and did this lovely little thing, she would go to the end of her extender, and then come back towards me and circle in front of me. Running back towards me.

She obviously likes the flavour of puddles !!!....

Oh!! another nice puddle!!

Great looking girl

Marie didn't react to two dogs who passed us on lead. She was a bit reactive to her neighbour in kennel but she is still in her settling in period with us. Appears to be a very engaged dog, she was always aware of me, looking back for me and coming to me immediately when asked.

I think Marie is going to be a LOT of fun, a pint sized Staff with plenty of staffitude!!

Marie is currently in boarding kennels and would benefit from some TLC in a foster home until her forever home comes along. Can you help her?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-09-2010, 09:36 PM
"Hello All - Marie here!

Well, all my new friends here at Farnham have learned that I have a built in radar for puddle finding! They also know that I am super loving and available to give special Staffy kisses to anyone who bends down!! Everyone says what a good girl I am and that I am connected to my walker (of course i am .... I'm on a lead haha). I love it if I am on my extender and they bend down to call me ....... I run back and .....

treat them to an ear wash"!

Marie is currently in boarding kennels and would benefit from some TLC in a foster home until her forever home comes along. Can you help her?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Poor Marie, Wednesday marked one year in rescue. As she has spent most of that in kennels, I doubt she felt like celebrating!

She is such a people dog, it must be an absolute hell for her. At Farnham the dogs have paddock time whilst their kennel is clean out. Lots of the dogs make the most of the opportunity to run and sniff and play with the toys. But not Marie - she just tries to stay in the kennel. She wants to be where the people are. It is just heartbreaking.

She had to pay a couple of visits to the vets this week and all she wanted to do was say 'hi' to everybody she met. Her tail didn't stop wagging. Poeple, people, people - that is all she wants, not the lonely existence that kennel life involves.

Could you be Marie's foster or forever home?
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >