View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 01:55 AM
oh what a sad story poor blake, i so hope he finds his forever home soon. he is absolutely stunning!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Thank the lord, Blake has gone into foster for a while! Here is an update from his fosterer:

"Hey guys well just a quick note to say Blake has settled in well so far, a few issues sorting out pack order and I think Spud is bit upset that he doesnt have me to himself anymore, will keep you posted, but so far so good.

He was a great traveller in the horsebox and really enjoyed being up high where he could see lots. Think he is a little bit in love with, Vixen but in a good way. She is a great role model.

First afternoon here and already chilling out ... "

clyde_baby
New Member!
Male 

14-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Hi,
Where is he at the moment and who do I contact please?
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by clyde_baby View Post
Hi,
Where is he at the moment and who do I contact please?
you can find blake here

Link removed
clyde_baby
New Member!
Male 

14-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks,
I'd seen him on there a month or so ago and thought he'd found his forever home,hopefully he'll fill out in his foster home a bit with a structured food and excercise routine,sounds like he just needs a bit of time and attention to build up his confidence!
I will follow his progress!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 06:27 PM
What a gorgeous dog, I was talking to someone today who loves the GSD breed, maybe I can let them know about Blake, who is btw simply stunning.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Blake came back into kennels after a short foster break ... but the good news is that another foster family arrived bright and early on Saturday morning and, after a short spin around the block, Blake could not wait to jump into the back of the car.

This is such a fantastic opportunity for Blake - just what he needs to 'chill out and fill out'. That is a quote from Janet, one of our walkers.

Here he is chilling out with his new foster companion ...

Fosterers are our lifes blood and we are always grateful to them. Whether it's for a long weekend or indefinitely, it makes such a difference to our dogs.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Week 1 foster report

Blake has now been with us for one week. Through our experiences, his previous foster reports and his formal assessment, the following can be said about him:

- Whilst settling into his new home, Blake can be seen as timid and unsure. He is initially nervous and requires time to both familiarise himself with his new home and owners and to understand the rules of his new ‘pack’.

- Once settled, he is an unbelievably affectionate dog. He enjoys cuddles and grooming and will sit with you for hours on end. He has shown no reaction to his ears or paws being played with or to checking his teeth.

- Blake is an incredibly intelligent dog. He is very food orientated; has grasped training principles quickly and is very receptive to verbal correction. He is learning basic commands and already knows the areas of the house that he is not allowed into without invitation. To increase his mental stimulation, we have also begun clicker training and he is proving to be very responsive to this.

- Blake has begun some agility work and seems to really enjoy this.

- He lives very well with other low energy dogs. Anxiety or high energy from other dogs seems to unnerve him and he has ‘grumbled’ at them on occasion. He has lived with a number of dogs successfully over the last six months and is currently in foster with a male golden retriever and a cocker spaniel bitch.

- Blake is currently being walked on a gentle leader. Using this, he walks well to heel. He has no issues with the other dogs in his pack whilst walking on lead.

When passing another dog on lead, he becomes fixated on them until the moment that he becomes level with them. At this point Blake makes low grumbling noises, whilst rearing, lunging, twisting and throwing himself around. Once the dog has passed, Blake calms down.
We have been advised that this is likely to be a ‘fear aggression’ response and could be corrected by continued and frequent exposure to this situation providing the proper correction is applied and the situation handled correctly. This week we are going ‘dog stalking’ with our trainer to judge Blake’s response to an experienced, male handler giving him the support he needs whilst walking on lead.

For the first five days, Blake was not muzzled when he was walked. However, he has started to put on the weight that he lost in kennels and is becoming stronger. For this reason, and for other dog owners peace of mind, we began to walk Blake muzzled from Friday. Interestingly, he has started reacting to traffic. We think this is because, on the lead, he is unable to flee a situation he feels threatened by but the muzzle now also hinders any defence mechanism that he has.

Conclusion after week 1

There is no doubt that Blake is an absolute angel when indoors. Affectionate, intelligent and loyal, he is a wonderful companion but we believe that Blake will definitely need a dog experienced owner who has the physical strength to deal with his current behavioural issues and offer him the continued rehabilitation that he requires.

Click to see full size image

Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 06:44 PM
I saw him a while ago when I was looking for a dog, but it said he had found his forever home. So sad to see he is back again He breaks my heart as he sounds almost exactly like my current rescue dog Cain, and just needs love and training. I would have him in a heart beat if my hands weren't full with Cain and his fear aggression. He looks like he has so much potential, I really REALLY hope he finds his forever homes soon.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Delighted to report that Blake has found his forever home! With a couple that are dog trainers whose previous Collie had similar traits. Couldn't be a better home.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >