View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Lynne walked Blake today down at the kennels ...

"Struck me today..Blake is going to be such a wonderful dog. Choose between a factory made cake and a homemade cake .. special ingredients .. there is no choice! Yes the homemade cake needs time .. is more expensive for the quality of ingredients .. but the enjoyment, the admiration and sheer joy! So we are looking for a high quality cook; a maestro in the kitchen 2010 Master Chef apply within"!

gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:14 PM
He is a stunner i really hope it all works out for him xx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-12-2009, 10:05 PM
An update on Blake from one of our volunteers who walked him today ...

Fabulous dog!

He is very jumpy and barky in his kennels but out and about was as good as gold. You hardly notice you have a dog on the end of your lead. I used my cesar milan collar as my back is a bit dodgy and he looks strong, really neednt have bothered he walks so nicely, the lead was completely slack the whole time and where the path got narrow unlike the others he just dropped in behind me so I could lead the way.

There is a part of the path that has a dip with water at the bottom (bit of a ditch) I got there and said wait, which I thought might be wishful thinking, but he did. I crossed the ditch then said ok and he followed me.

We walked with Seb and Rhianna and he was also fine with them both. He sniffed Rhianna's bottom a few times and normally she finds that very annoying. However he is so handsome (and calm) that she let him.

We walked along the road for a bit and a few cars went past, he didnt flinch at all. Didnt meet anyone but he was good with Seb.

The rest of the day he stopped barking when I walked past - I think that he figured that I wasnt so bad after all. I gave him a large bone (proper bone from the pet shop, none of the pretend jumbone stuff) for the compliment.

The only thing which concerned me about him was that under that thick coat he is so skinny, you can feel all his ribs and hip bones. He needs someone to trust and somewhere to stay with lots of food with no need for him to have all that nervous energy.

He is really special, and so very handsome".
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2009, 10:11 PM
I have everything crossed for this boy to find his forever home soon.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-12-2009, 09:18 AM
An update on Blake from Lynne who saw him in kennels yesterday:

"Poor Blake if ever a dog needed foster it's Blake. His coat has gone dull, he has dropped a lot of weight and he is reactive to dogs passing his kennel.

We had a lovely walk today and shared food and love. I got lots of licks which I cherished as Blake isn't very gifty with his kisses. Somedogs have such tough beginnings.

Those that breed them bleed them..."!
Starhope
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Such a sad story for such a handsome boy. I really hope he finds his forever home soon.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-01-2010, 09:04 PM
An update from one of our lovely volunteer walkers:

“Lovely walk with Blake today. I hardly knew he was on the end of the lead. He regularly nuzzled my hand for a head stroke and we stopped lots of times for cuddles. He had much more of a bounce in his step and wagged his tail a lot more.

His coat is looking better already and I think he looks much happier in himself, even after only a couple of days.

We didn't meet any dogs when we were out and about, so I sat with him on a bench near the road and entrance to the common and watched the traffic and people with their dogs starting their walk. He watched everything very carefully but made no attempt to get up - he was happy to have his chest rubbed and be told he was a good boy.

We were a bit late going back so I thought we'd better jog a bit - I chose the pace and Blake was completely in step with me.

Can't help but love this gentle, vulnerable giant. He really was on such great form -
taking treats so very gently ...

and waiting beautifully for the next one

His eyes just really get to you!
He is such a special boy Once you get past his initial wariness he is so loving. Seems to be taking our Farnham kennels by storm.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-01-2010, 09:23 AM
He is beautiful, He looks like hes taken exactly half and half from his parents breeds.
Very unsual looking but in the best way, he is stunning!
Hope he found a new home, wishing him all the best.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:29 AM
What a sad story, Poor Blake, I really hope he gets the home he deserves.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Blake was really in quite good form today. He was cheerful and although painfully thin, his coat is thick and he has a sparkle in his eye and a lovely wet shiny black nose! It was my first time walking him and he was sweet, kind, showed me the ropes and behaved like a perfect gentleman.
Buddy came with us some of the way, but then we peeled off as Buddy was being a bit overbearing and Blake just fancied a chilled walk on his own.

The lovely Blake looking the handsome suave fellow that he is -:

And being a complete softy and enjoying a cuddle-:
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >