Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-08-2009, 08:23 PM

Blake, Shepherd x Rottie, DOB 02.08

Blake, Shepherd x Rottie, DOB 02.08

His Story: Blake was brought home as a 12 week old pup to live with 2 brothers in a flat in London. They loved him dearly, but were evicted last week and had to give him up.

Salient points: Blake is 75% German Shepherd and 25% Rottie. Sheltered upbringing living in a flat without a garden. Good with older children and most people, but can get nervous soon settles. Needs fairly quiet household. Needs gentle introductions on walks and he soon settles.

Advert: Blake has the rich colouring of his Rottie lineage and the shape and temperament of a Shepherd. Walks nicely on the lead and used to London Park walks, but owner kept him away from dogs and always walked him on a muzzle as he can demonstrate fear reactions. His owner played it safe since he was attacked as a pup. He is settling well around dogs in the kennels and doing shared walks very well. A favourite of the staff and went down really well in the vets. He gives off a gentle, vulnerable air. Blake could live with another confident dog or as a only dog. He is housetrained, used to being left and non destructive.

Blake is a loving and gentle dog who can be nervous of 'new', but usually settles very quickly. At worst gives a couple of 'warning barks' moving forwards. Blake has already built his confidence. He is for the first time enjoying the free running in the paddocks of the kennels. He needs dog experienced owners who will find he comes on really well and will see a different 'sure' dog in 3 months post homing. A foster place would obviously help tremendously if with other role model dogs. Blake has head turning qualities and needs the 'right' family who will truly adore him and all he is.

"Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Blake found his forever home!

With the kind permission of Blake’s new forever family, here are photos of them preparing to set off for Essex with the 'superstar' & his new friend Tilley ...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Blake was returned on Tuesday. He had a fabulous weekend and although he proved himself in so many areas he also showed that he isn't that all singing all dancing dog YET! He was off the muzzle in a crowded public area and he obviously got nervous about a person walking by close and snapped out catching their arm. It was a shock to all and he did draw blood. He has never been exposed to that kind of setting to our knowledge as he owner always muzzled him on his walks. He can get nervous with introductions and in the unfamilar. So sadly Blake has come back and he must be given slow careful rehab. to build his confidence, trust and skills up so he recognises he has no need to guard and protect. Blake has gone into a foster home with other dogs to work towards this end.

Here is an update from his fosterer...

"Hey guys well just a quick note to say Blake has settled in well so far few issues sorting out pack order and think Spud (GSD X Collie also fostered) is a bit upset that he doesn't have me to himself anymore, will keep you posted, but so far so good.

Blake was a great traveller in the horsebox and really enjoyed being up high where he could see lots. Think he is a little bit in love with Vixen, but in a good way. She is a great role model.

First afternoon here and already chilling out

BLAKE IS STILL LOOKING FOR HIS FOREVER HOME!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh bless him, I sincerely hope he gets that forever home and settles well xxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2009, 05:58 AM
He is a beauty such a shame it didn't work out for him.

I really hope he get over his fears and finds his new forever home soon.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-08-2009, 08:12 PM
A few more photos of Blake ... get ready to drool ...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-08-2009, 10:11 PM
We are delighted to announce Blake has moved into his new home. He is sharing his life with a rather wonderful 'Battersea babe' who had more extreme issues than Blake in her first few years and has since settled. Dee has just informed us that Blake went to bed early on his first night ... a sign of how relaxed he is in his new family.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Sadly, Blake's homing did not work out and he is back with us and looking for that forever home.

A few new pictures from Lynne who walked Blake ...

"Everytime I take Blake out I'm reminded this dog never had a garden and what a pleasure he gets from running in the paddock"!

He is a magnificent beast..with a truly wonderful temperment.

He had a lovely run around the paddock and a short walk today ..."

Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 09:29 PM
I hope Blake finds the right home soon. He's absolutely stunning.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 09:33 PM
WOW, what can I say, he truely is magnificent to look at, my two fav breeds in one,

I truely hope you get the right home for him next time, its so sad when it goes wrong and they bounce back time and again,

best of luck with this lovely lad.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »