Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-05-2010, 12:05 PM
An update from Arnold's fosterer Olivia:

"Where are Seb and I supposed to sit exactly this evening?!

Arnold seems all fixed now. He is much better, the antibiotics seem to have done the job. He just has to finish the course and hope that’s the end of it.

Rhianna and Arnold decided today that they would drive the van ...

They drove to the heath where they had another lovely evening walk with Seb and I.

They then came home and played and played on the sofa until I got fed up and stopped them. Mean Olivia!!! So noisy though and I would like to chill please - two dogs chewing on each others heads and wrestling on the sofa next to me is only entertaining for a while!

All asleep now, that is much better! LOL"!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:20 PM
How gorgeous are they?

Arnold is enjoying himself in foster, but is still looking for his forever home!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 12:53 PM
He always looks so solem(SP?), there must be a home out there somewhere, he's lovely...
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:53 PM
An update from Arnold’s fosterers:

“Righty ho. This is my first attempt at video making. I will try again soon and hopefully will get better. I just wanted you all to see the beautiful boy in action. At the end of the video where he runs off if you look carefully its because he has spotted Rhianna [their dog] again.

Here goes....”
http://s777.photobucket.com/albums/y...rnold_0001.flv
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-05-2010, 10:11 PM
An update from Arnold’s fosterers:

"Arnie saved our lives today. Seb and I had no idea that when we left Seb's bike in the hallway that it had lain in wait plotting to kill us all and take over the world. Arnie knew though, he spotted it in the corridor and alerted us all to the extreme danger. Luckily Seb is a very brave man and took that bike and locked it in the cellar. Once again we are all safe.

It has been warm over the last couple of days and Arnie gets hot. However, while watching a wildlife programme the other day Arnie saw how the hippos deal with the heat and thought that he would give it a try. This method of cooling is very effective.

Arnie is an absolute sweetheart. He is so settled now. He is really affectionate and sweet. He just wants to chill on the sofa with you. You also have never been given a proper welcome home till you have had an Arnie welcome. He bops about in his slow and clumsy way, its adorable.
He and Rhianna play and play in the house. Its just chewing each others heads and wrestling. Rhianna has also got to the point that she doesnt mind him chasing her out on walks either, she has realised her turning circle is much better than his so he cant catch her. Rhianna seems to have turned a corner and seems to be quite fond of him, she will even give him a lick as she walks past him which is very unlike Rhianna.

He is a really fabulous boy. Complete wimp but gorgeous"!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-05-2010, 08:49 PM
An update from Arnold's fosterer:

"I cannot stop laughing tonight. Rhianna and Arnold have one of their walking buddies staying. A little rufty tufty terrier called Maddie.

While it is a little like bedlam in here at the moment, the three of them are playing like crazy things, its really making me laugh. Maddie is 14 month old so still very puppy and she has bought out the puppy in Rhianna and Arnold. I think poor old Arnold is really being picked on by the girls.
Its hysterical.

Although I am not sure that my sofa is ever going to recover!

I know one snuck in of just Rhianna and Maddie playing. But Rhianna didnt play before Arnold so its kind of relevant!

He is adorable and fantastic. Love him!

Oh by the way, if you want to adopt Arnold, he is normally quite calm. Its just that they have a friend over to play. Normally he is just a couch potato! So dont be put off by these loony evening pics. Its just that they are showing off in front of a guest"!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-06-2010, 09:00 PM

Arnold has been the bravest boy ever this weekend.

We went away with a group of friends camping for the weekend. We had a lovely time and there are amazing walks where you don’t see anyone for miles around Dorset.

Dogs on the trip were Rhianna, Arnold and a dog Seb is baby-sitting for the week called Oscar. Yes taking three dogs camping is slightly mental, but also we had dog loving friends who helped so it wasn’t so bad.

Arnold was a very brave boy. He was a little worried at times but he coped admirably. He didnt like it when we walked past the people who were chopping wood with an axe, but it was noisy, and he thought that campfires were probably going to get him, but that was just at first before he saw that they actually were quite warm and cosy, he thought that the tent was a stupid idea as we had a nice flat at home, but when I let him in my tent pod for a cuddle he thought that actually this was pretty good fun.

The way that Arnold gets scared is that he runs away to find a safe place. We left the van side door open for him all the time with lots of comfy bedding, water and snacks so that when he got worried he could just jump in there for a bit until he felt confident enough to come out again. As the door was open for him, he could just choose whether he was brave Arnie or hiding Arnie, depending on his mood. He has always thought of the van as a safe place for him. We dont force Arnie into anything but instead let him go through the worry and then gently try again. He normally gets over things very quickly, especially if big brave Rhianna leads the way, she doesn’t find anything scary.

My friends are all dog people, rather than people who love dogs but don’t know anything about them. So Arnie was given space and time to adjust to camping, and in return he adjusted quickly and with style. He even got to wear a fleecy dog jumper borrowed from my cousins lurcher who didn’t come this weekend. As Arnie is pretty broad chested and it belonged to a lurcher, he did look quite funny, but he seemed to like the warmth.

We went for lovely long walks at the back of the campsite across the heaths down to the coast. We had lovely walks on the beach and Arnie came and sat in the pubs beer garden and helped everyone finish their chips and scampi (a bit naughty I know!). He even had a milk lolly on the beach at the end of a long walk, which he thought was great.

So if you would like to adopt Arnie camping is on the list of things that you can do with him now - he is camp tested.

I have some lovely pictures which I will put up later today of Arnie on the site, and around and about.

He is a gorgeous dog, an absolute sweetheart. I hope that his home comes forward for him soon. I would hate to have to put him back in kennels but it is difficult for Seb and I to keep him at home. We will try for as long as we can.

Arnold is such a fabulous boy to have about, he is charming and sweet. He has his downsides, he snores a lot, he loves to roll in mud, he doesnt want to live with any boy dogs, and he is a bit of a wimp (but only in that he likes to run away a lot) however, he is so very special. Someone is going to be very lucky to have him.

Arnold and I had to get up early before we went on holiday as firstly we had to help Seb with one of his walks.

After we got up we went for a long walk on Hampstead Heath with Seb and a load of Arnie's mates. There were every type of dog and Arnie was definitely one of the best behaved.

We then drove down to Dorset. Arnie came in my car with a friend of mine and Rhianna. He was a very good boy and patient driving. The others and Oscar went down in the dog van as the boys wanted to hang together.

We arrived in Dorset and went for lots of lovely walks over a few days. The walks around Studland are beautiful.

In the afternoons after we had all been for walks we spent some time in the pub beer garden having a drink and some scampi. Arnie made friends with all our friends.

On our last day we went for a long walk on the beach. Arnie was so confident at this point that he went for a walk with anyone of our friends.

Just before we all drove back to London Arnie had a little treat for being such a good boy.

hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2010, 09:50 PM
fantastic pics, he looks like hes been having the time of his life!!!!
Really hope he finds a forever home soon, he is such a cracking lad with a lovely soppy character to match!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-06-2010, 05:35 PM
An update from Arnold’s fosterer:

“Tosca the tiny terrier came to stay last night again.
Tosca bought her bed with her. Arnie loves Tosca's bed. I am not sure why I bought a bed the right size for Arnie. He seems to like being squished”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-06-2010, 09:30 PM

"Today was Seb's 36th Birthday. We went to the York and Albany restaurant which is just off Regents Park - its one of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants. Seb and I had the beef which came with this amazing rib covered in meat. Well Seb and I ate most of the beef (which was so yummy) but I asked for the rib as it was covered in meat and we were full to take home. However, I had no idea what I was going to do with it as there are three dogs at home, Rhianna, little Suki and Arnold. The lovely head waitress went and found me two more so I came home with three Gordon Ramsey cooked beef bones just to be fair to the pooches. They seemed to approve".

Arnold thinks that Gordon is an ok sort of a chef LOL!
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >