Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-06-2009, 07:36 PM
How could anyone resist this face??

More 1-2-1 in the paddock today, running around with his footballs.
Frank is certainly getting fitter, but he still gets affected by the heat, at least in the paddock he can stop when he gets too hot. Seemed to enjoy his time today.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-07-2009, 08:21 PM
OK everyone standby, here is the photographic proof that the boy can carry two footballs in his mouth!
Frankie was in the paddock today, but it was soooo hot, he didn't stay there too long before he was looking for the shade, so he went back after a short while, not before he'd done the two ball trick for all his fans though

GO FRANKIE!!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Frank has gone into foster with Fred! Here are some photos and Fred’s update on the day:

Frank say Cheese (Whilst Fred secures you in)

Cheeeeeeee -Emma come on help- eeeeese

There you are Fella Fred your true friend is keeping you safe and secure from the outset.

Day One

Frank is an excellent backseat driver! Having surveyed the motorway traffic for a while he got bored and just settled down to have a kip. No attempt trying to get to the front seat. The harness didn’t seem to bother him.

Obviously, the garden had to be inspected thoroughly to make sure there weren’t any Aliens lurking in the bushes. And gentleman that he is he did his business at the bottom of the garden behind a bush.

Next the house: again a thorough inspection from top to bottom. I had to pop out to get his dinner and had to leave him for 20-25 mins. I left and returned without making a fuss and Frank was quite unfazed. When I came back and opened the gate there was just a single bark and that was that.

Frank is very affectionate - but not clingy. I was sitting in the conservatory which was rather too hot even for my liking and sensible Frank decided the kitchen stone floor was just what the doctor ordered. He knew I was within reach but he couldn’t actually see me. Not bad for a first day.

While I had a little “refreshment” and nibbles Frank just sat there - waiting - nothing was offered - he just lay down at my feet. No begging at all.

He loves sitting on dining room chairs with his heavy head resting on the table. And although there were edible things within reach he showed no interest. The only thing he has “vandalized” so far is the bathroom cleaning sponge.

He had his Winnalot at five which he almost but not quite finished. And because of the heat he had lots to drink.

He had a good scratch at the scabs on his neck which started to bleed a bit. Emma suggested applying Savlon which I did and while about it applied Sudocreme to his paws. Again no problem whatsoever. He was in the garden with his toys but has decided one of his footballs should be with him indoors. Although very placid and laidback - nobody should forget he is all “bull” breed. Tried a bit of tug o war but stopped almost straight away as I could see he was getting a bit hyper.

Well, altogether a successful day. Weather permitting I’ll take him for an early morning walk tomorrow.

PS. Will try and keep Day Two shorter.
PPS. Just noticed Frank seems to like Sudocreme - it's all gone.

Frank is looking for a forever home.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-07-2009, 08:34 PM
A response from the news of Frank's foster place by his volunteer dog walker:

Mixed emotions for me today - sad & happy!

On one hand I'm sooooo happy for Frank that he's got a foster home, on the other I'll miss him terribly.

Hopefully he'll prove himself the perfect housemate, but be warned Fred, Frank snores!!!

This shows how fed-up Frank was with kennel life earlier this week...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Latest update from Frank's foster home:

Second day in and things are going well...

Doesn't he look at home???
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 09:06 PM
I LOVE fRANK HE IS SUCH A DUDE.
i hope he gets a home soon xxx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-07-2009, 09:54 PM
An update from Frank's fosterer:

Day Two

Put Frank to bed around 11 and lo and behold there was just a brief whimper (less than five minutes) when he decided he was too tired to make a fuss and presumably went out like a light. When I went downstairs at 6am he was still fast asleep in his basket. Then out into the garden and for our first walk which went ok except on the way back he suddenly sat down and refused to budge - slight problem as he’d picked the middle of the road! I told him it wasn’t a good idea - and he eventually deigned to shift himself. Should also mention that he was clean over night with no mess. He then had his breakfast - and demanded to be entertained. He also insisted we watch Wimbledon. Altogether a sensible dog who sees no point in slumming it on the floor when there are perfectly serviceable chairs and settees available.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 09:08 AM
any news on what he is like with children? we dont have children at the moment, but will someday and have regular contact with them. he sounds like our perfect dog so far!
bless him, hope his skin heals up. how's he doing making friends with dogs?
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Aaaaawwww - he looks and sounds like a dream. I hope he find his forever home soon -although he's clearly very comfortable where he is now.

Laura xx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Another update from Frank’s fosterer:

Go away! I am not getting up at 6 in the morning for anybody!!

I do like watching Wimbledon!

Day Three

Tiny Number One accident yesterday morning. Probably put him to bed too early (10pm-ish) not to mention the hot weather. His personality is beginning to emerge. He now adopts a play posture and vocalises. On our early morning walk he got hold of the lead and wanted to play tug of war and wouldn’t let go. However at least he trotted along home merrily without sitting down in the middle of the road refusing to budge. Very selective hearing! He knows “sit” perfectly well but will sit only if there is a treat on offer - otherwise he just looks at you as if to say “why the heck should I!!??”. He isn’t food aggressive. Put down his food, take it away and he patiently waits until you put it down again. Wonderful!
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »