Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2019, 06:46 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 30th May, 2019

Good morning everyone, lovely sunshine again. I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Have a good day stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God Bless.

Got to take Amber to the vet to have her nails cut she will insist on walking on grass rather than paving. She wont let me cut them!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2019, 07:34 AM
Morning Moyra and all.

I'm having the same trouble with Pepsi's claws. She doesnt walk so far these days. I dont want to do them, I never have done and I dont want to start now

I havent looked at the fish yet but they were doing well yesterday. I might let a little more water trickle in today.

My Granddaughter starts her new job today as my home help! I hope it all works out for both our sakes
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-05-2019, 08:03 AM
Morning Moyra, Jenny and all who follow.

Lovely sunny day but windy again. One of our dog walking friends was saying it's meant to be really hot Saturday 27. Up at the crack of dawn to walk the boy again then, we were a bit later today and although a breeze still to warm to go far with him.

Jenny what a lovely idea your Granddaughter being your home help. Do the work then lots of time for a cuppa and a chat.
Hope it all works out for you. glad the fish are doing well if the pond is well established and they are to they should be fine but the ponds do need topping up every so often.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2019, 09:32 AM
Nippy What a brilliant idea for both sides.

Lynn Have a good day

Moyra Good idea on the vets for nails I have never done it and never would. Cut the cats back in the day when they got older (mid 20's) and that worried me to death.

Off out to the front garden today start on the change over.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2019, 10:13 AM
Morning all
I do my pairs claws...none of us are keen, I am always worried about going through the qwik.
Popping up to Steve's today he has a day off before he does 7days straight again, it's becoming more and more frequent that he is doing 7/9 days in a row. They are actually coming today to fit the kitchen glass!!! It's only taken 4 months of nagging. I asked does he want anything as I come through town and I am being diverted to Gregg's to buy yum yums...he assures me they are lush
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I am being diverted to Gregg's to buy yum yums...he assures me they are lush

Haha, not sure what 'yum yums' are but I did read that Greggs have had a big success with vegetarian suasage rolls.

Now there's a classic contradiction in terms 'vegetarian' and 'sausage'

If it hasn't got meat in it surely it can't be a sausage roll

OK going to grab some lunch now and take Bruno & Xena out. See you all latter
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2019, 11:17 AM
Good afternoon

How nice for both of you Jenny, work then chat with tea and cakes Your pond should be ok. One of our neighbours has one he does have a water feature which never seems to work and his fish are ok. He tops it up in summer with the hose

Good luck at the vets to have Ambwr's nails clipped. I do Teazle's with a Dremel, she's not too keen (think it is the vibration) but we get them done and the good thing is they don't bleed.

Hope you have a good day Lynn

Enjoy the gardening Kazz

Just spent 3.75 hours stripping Teazle so now having a coffee whilst I cook lunch and et one of one legs get unstuck, must have been standing awkwardly. She is now ready for Summer. Other than another walk this afternoon nothing planned.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2019, 01:16 PM
Amber disgraced herself in the vets, I think the journey there upset her. She was however as good as gold having her nails cut., I must drop a line to the vets sending a cash amount for the poor lass who cleaned up after Amber. I think it was the journey and the heat in the car was too much for her. She is ok now. I must find out from the vets the name of the lass who cleaned up after Amber so I can recompense her. I left the change from my payment for them to put it direct into the various charity boxes but that is not enough. I feel I owe that lass.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2019, 01:31 PM
Just phoned the vets and the lass that cleaned up after Amber is called Holly and I got to thank her personally and will take a gift into her next time I take Amber back. She was so nice and I am glad I told her how much I appreciated her going beyond her call of duty. I have a friend who works for Boots so I will give her £10 to get me a gift voucher and then I can give that to her next time I take Amber in. I shall feel awful otherwise as I was so grateful to her. Cost me £18 for nails to be cut but worth every penny for her comfort.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Just phoned the vets and the lass that cleaned up after Amber is called Holly and I got to thank her personally and will take a gift into her next time I take Amber back. She was so nice and I am glad I told her how much I appreciated her going beyond her call of duty. I have a friend who works for Boots so I will give her £10 to get me a gift voucher and then I can give that to her next time I take Amber in. I shall feel awful otherwise as I was so grateful to her. Cost me £18 for nails to be cut but worth every penny for her comfort.
Better in the vets than in the car...…………...that's a nice thing to do for the girl.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >