Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2008, 08:35 PM

Using A Foreign Dog

A male may be coming into the UK later this year that I will be using. Although he will hopefully be staying with me for a while he will still be owned by his owner abroad. How do you go about registering a litter etc? Does he just need an ATC number as I will hopefully be showing him whilst he's here?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Best address your question to the Kennel Club, however I believe you will need the signature of the owner of the stud if you wish to register your litter and would imagine you will need a ATC number if you are only to be his handler, I believe that the only way round this would be for the dog to be transferred to you for the period he is to spend in the UK.

On a separate tack, do breeders who have studs to stay have UK health tests done or do you ask that the dog arrives ready tested?
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2008, 06:08 PM
In our breed, yep, they have to have the BVA testing done before breeding.
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2008, 04:42 PM
It is down to the owner of the stud dog to get a copy of all his paper work health testing etc for you to send off to the UK kennel club, when you are ready to register the litter, you don't say what country the stud dog is from?

Mo and the Gang xx
Brainless
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2008, 11:28 AM
If the dog has an ATC number then his details are on the KC database and you only need to complete the normal registration with the stud owners signature.

If you use an overseas dog you have to obtain a certified pedigree, the stud owners signature on the reg form as usual. Depending on if you get a 3 or 5 gen pedigree of the sire will depend on how much extra your registrations will cost, as there is a box on the reg form for this.

Regarding health testing you will need to get copies of the sires latest health results from the breeders to give copies to the new puppy owners as our KC do not include any foreign health scheme details on registrations.

I went through this when I travelled to Finland to use a dog in 2006.