Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 06:34 PM

Any ideas what this fruit is?

We have some fruit trees near my horse field,one we know for certain is a Damson tree, there is also a tree that looks very similar but with yellow fruit that we think are yellow Damsons (did think they were Greengages but they are more yellow than green).
But there is another tree there which have red/pink Nectarine colour fruits on it, they are dropping from the tree so are ripe and have similar shaped leaves to the Damsons and have a similar stone inside them, but I have no idea what they are.

Anyone have any ideas? I can try and get a picture of them tomorrow.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 06:42 PM
They might be Cherry Plums, which are ripe about now, and delicious - they make the best jam ever!

They are round, red and well, look a bit like cherry tomatoes but they're plums!

They are kind-of rare, in that there seem to be only certain areas in the Uk where you get them. One such place is here in Somerset, there are loads of them in the town and local area but we'd never heard of them before moving here.