Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 05:09 PM

Can I keep this and Reheat it?

I have just made myself some rice and added left over chicken, bacon, peas and sweetcorn. It is really yummy but there is far too much to eat in one go.
So I wondered if it would be safe to keep in the fridge overnight and then to reheat for my meal tomorrow?
If so which is the best way to reheat it?
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Sorry, just caught up with this, so probably a bit late, might be useful for next time tho!!

Yes you could reheat it, BUT, you have to make sure it is reheated really really well.

Rice can contain spores that are hard to destroy on reheating, so if not done properly can make you a bit ill. Microwave is probably your best bet, stir it up, then give it a bit longer than you normally would.
Always try to cool the fresh made rice as quickly as possible and keep it int he fridge til needed.

I have reheated rice dishes and never had a problem, but then I always "nuke it" to death!! I often make something similar and take leftovers to work for lunch. I probably wouldnt keep it more than a couple of days either.

x
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 10:10 PM
I re-heat Chinese takeway food (so rice + whatever dishes -- usually chicken/beef/pork based) all the time in the microwave. I blast it on full power for about 5 minutes so it is piping hot.
Floppyears
New Member!
Female 

21-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Is the op not refering to the leftover chicken that was added to the rice? As this has already been reheated once, I would not reheat it again, but I am VERY cautious about such things. My husband has no such problems with double reheating and he is still healthy.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Thankyou all. I didn't keep it and reheat it, just in case, but its nice to know for another time that its possible, or perhaps i should just make less
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2011, 07:51 AM
I would just eat it cold to be honest with a nice bit of salad x
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 07:52 AM
I expect the dogs enjoyed it