View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 11:27 AM
have you ever seen a teeny, tiny dog 'put' another big, powerful breed dog to the ground?

I have, often. How's that work then

Well balanced dogs avoid conflict in many ways - it's primitive survival instinct. When dogs are 'fighting' in play, often one will go to the ground and roll on it's back. It's no more, no less than and 'ok, you got it this time' signal often used to avoid things escalating when the play gets too exciting.

Clever animals, dogs!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Maybe we should write to the relevant authorities here to get the same done?
The authorities are well aware of him and in no way support his methods. A press release, supported by a whole galaxy of welfare organisations was released a year ago, just before his tour of the UK:

UK animal welfare, behaviour, training, canine and veterinary organisations1 are again warning of the possible dangers of using techniques for training dogs that can cause pain and fear, such as some of those seen used by Cesar Millan, who starts his UK tour this week.......
http://www.dogwelfarecampaign.org/press-statement.php
Greenfae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Just managed to find this on Youtube and had to stop watching half way through. I'm very firm with my Dog, my OH even more so. She well and truely knows who is in charge, but she is not afraid of us and we NEVER hurt her (Although, like some others have said she has been known to be accidently kicked, which dog hasnt!) There is a difference between being firm and causing damage. I would Kill anyone who did that to my Dog, yet he gets paid to do it. Would love to hear what he has to say about this
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
The authorities are well aware of him and in no way support his methods. A press release, supported by a whole galaxy of welfare organisations was released a year ago, just before his tour of the UK:

UK animal welfare, behaviour, training, canine and veterinary organisations1 are again warning of the possible dangers of using techniques for training dogs that can cause pain and fear, such as some of those seen used by Cesar Millan, who starts his UK tour this week.......
http://www.dogwelfarecampaign.org/press-statement.php
Great stuff - glad they're on the case
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle;2209763[B
]...He sets the up for Failure, ie - he deliberately sticks them in the situations they find most stressful so he can inflict his 'training'.
- and he gives them no escape route. [/B]
Totally agree. I hate him doing this. He wants there to be a physical fight between him and the dog so that it is more entertaining and so that he can look good.

(in his eyes only )

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
CM cancelled his live show in DK due to poor ticket sales.
Hooray, that is excellent! Do you have any thoughts on why there were poor sales?
His TV show is still on TV.
Probably trying to crank up the interest so that next time he gets more tickets sold

Wys
x
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Training methods. Better watch before it gets deleted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eIqo...layer_embedded
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Just in case anyone is interested, there is a new group on FB started today (with over 300 members already!) called Keep Cesar Millan Out Of The UK

Plenty of video links and discussion.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-03-2011, 04:29 PM
FB groups, what the hell are they about.....seem a bit pointless to me.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
FB groups, what the hell are they about.....seem a bit pointless to me.
Not always as they are often a means to keep up with video links etc. - as we know, any CM ones on YT tend to be extant for short periods only.
Page 9 of 49 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »