View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Nylon leads are more dangerous than chains because they do not always release like chains do
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Chokers are not unkind as any pain is caused by the dog and not the handler. So if the dog has a problem, the dog is causing it
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2017, 09:57 PM
Choke chains do not hurt unless put on the dog by the handler and the handler is holding the other end. The dog has no choice in the matter, the handler does
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2017, 10:01 PM
Wrong, the dog, if an intelligent one anyway, will learn quickly not to pull and hurt itself. That said there are dumb dogs, the politically correct name for this is stubborn dog, but they are really just dumb because they can not learn. My dog would never pull if I used a choker, that said the last time I did my dog thought she did something wrong and looked at me with sad eyes. So I let her run once the ranger was gone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2017, 10:27 PM
Wrong, no matter how you look at it, simply by putting the choke chain on the dog the handler has chosen to hurt the dog to make it learn.
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2017, 10:32 PM
Again this depends on the dog, as some dogs just do not learn and continue to pull thus hurting themselves. People who own these dogs should not use chokers or shock collars because their dogs are dumb. In fact some people and really it's a majority have never seen smart dog, smart dogs are never trained, they train the people who handle them. I have a dog training manual from NAVDHA that has 43 pages on how to teach a dog to fetch. It's retarded because I have never taught a dog to fetch, it's an instinct. Then again these people are working with poorly overbred field champs that are highly intelligent with no instincts...............
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Smart dogs and yet they need to hurt to learn? I don't think so
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2017, 11:31 PM
Choker chains do not hurt smart dogs, they hurt ignorant dogs. If I use one my dog is right at my side, which serves them no exercise purpose so I let them run. My dogs can not be hurt by a choker, what about yours? I do not think that you like the answer
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2017, 09:21 AM
Of course they hurt dogs, no matter their intelligence. It is what they are designed to do.

When the lead is taught, the chain hurts

When the lead is checked, the chain hurts

That is the intention of the chain. Sick, isn't it?
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Now we know your issue, as choker chains do not hurt all dogs, as they do not hurt my dogs, because my dogs do not pull on the choker as they have learned not to do this. You apparently have never seen a dog with this amount of both intellect and respect for its owner. Such dogs might need a harness as they can injure themselves by wearing any coller at all. Not all dogs are equal unfortunately
Page 15 of 20 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »