View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Personally I am pleased David Cameron is the PM... shame he had to make a deal with the Libs Go on fire at me now peeps!!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Personally I am pleased David Cameron is the PM... shame he had to make a deal with the Libs Go on fire at me now peeps!!!
No gun in my hand. I'm with you!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 02:28 PM
I thought I was the only one relieved to see what had happened but see I have similar feelings as Claire and Em

I'm not really into politics, as I explained this was the first time I had voted, I don't trust any of them really but, from what I have read, it looks as if there is finally going to be something done about immigration and those ridiculous payments for simply working in a bank! I have no problem with people receiving their high salaries, I worked in International Banking myself for 13 years, but why should they get rewards like that when nurses and others in similar professions are struggling...I just don't get it.

I have one more thing to add...Margaret Thatcher enabled my parents to buy their council house, they haven't looked back...I'm not saying I agree with everything she did, but she did a lot better than the Labour government did, in my humble opinion.

I'm also happy that it is a coalition, hopefully, that way, things will be discussed more fully rather than one person deciding for all
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Another person who is happy with the situation
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2010, 03:07 PM
I agree with that Sheree about it enabling people to buy their council houses. We did also but we did have two young children and people were under the impression that the money given to councils to buy your house would be put into building more social housing it wasn't and this is a small part of the problem we have today and why the young cannot get social housing and before anyone jumps on my back I am not saying it the is the whole reason but it has played a part.

The other thing that happened was people were encouraged to by their houses and then the mortgage rates went sky high and some people a lot in fact had their homes repossessed, again I am not saying it was all council tenants buying their houses that this happened too it happened too others also but a lot more people were repossessed because in reality they could not afford too buy. The carrot was dangled and a lot of people bit the carrot at their expense.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 03:12 PM
The past is the past. Let's see what the future brings ;o)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
The past is the past. Let's see what the future brings ;o)
Exactly I agree we have too sit back now and wait too see if this new goverment can deliver. Whether we agree with the Politicians in power or not.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I thought I was the only one relieved to see what had happened but see I have similar feelings as Claire and Em

I'm not really into politics, as I explained this was the first time I had voted, I don't trust any of them really but, from what I have read, it looks as if there is finally going to be something done about immigration and those ridiculous payments for simply working in a bank! I have no problem with people receiving their high salaries, I worked in International Banking myself for 13 years, but why should they get rewards like that when nurses and others in similar professions are struggling...I just don't get it.

I have one more thing to add...Margaret Thatcher enabled my parents to buy their council house, they haven't looked back...I'm not saying I agree with everything she did, but she did a lot better than the Labour government did, in my humble opinion.

I'm also happy that it is a coalition, hopefully, that way, things will be discussed more fully rather than one person deciding for all

She didn't in Scotland! She bloody ruined this country. She ruined the shipyards (which were a major source of work then), closed down factories, the poll tax fiasco....I could go on. She destroyed us and we are still paying the price now and always will.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Poor ole Maggie Thatcher hasn't been in power since 1991, when I was in school!! Give the man a chance eh?? Gordon Brown was a Scot, he didn't really help England did he now?!!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3