Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2009, 11:35 AM

In my opinion the best dog food is.....

In my opinion the best dog food is.....Burns.
I switched my gang on to it one week ago. Wow is that stuff good. I got the Sausage and potato one to try. Switched them straight over, without blending it( I know this isnt recommended). No bad tummys, and my garden doesnt permenantly look like Ive just received a delivery of elephant dung They absolutely polish their bowls and dont go scavenging until tea time.
This stuff definitely get my thumbs up.
Thank you to everyone who has recommended this brand on here. I took your advice.
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Yep Noah totally loves this also the amount you have to feed in comparison to other brands is amazing! Noahs around the 60kg mark and gets 500grams a day and is just the right weight. How much are you feeding?
marthamcginn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-09-2009, 02:09 PM
hi all, Ive a cocker spaniel called Duglas and was feeding him Burns since he was a puppy. I however was told to change his food as he keeps getting a skin infection. I have now moved on to James Well Beloved and have since been told lthat it is similar to Burns - any advice on a third change for my wee dog - something which would help alleviate his skin condition if possible.
thanks to all
martha
Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-09-2009, 02:18 PM
You could try CSJ, or Arden Grange, both good foods.

This is an american site but you might find it interesting
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/

or Orijen (labelled as 'The worlds best dog food') is fantastic food if you don't mind paying a bit more.

For me the best is Naturediet and I feed that with Royal canin and my dog seems to do well on them.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Petrina View Post
You could try CSJ, or Arden Grange, both good foods.

This is an american site but you might find it interesting
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/

or Orijen (labelled as 'The worlds best dog food') is fantastic food if you don't mind paying a bit more.

For me the best is Naturediet and I feed that with Royal canin and my dog seems to do well on them.
I also love Naturediet. I feed it with AG and the dogs are doing really well on it. I found the Burns made Cosmo's bum a bit...well...and his coat condition wasn't as good as it is now. It was also hard to keep weight on him.
Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Yes I've heard that before about Burns making dogs not able to keep weight on, good if you're trying to slim down an 'overloved' pooch I suppose!

I also believe that if your dog is thriving and doing well on a food, as long as it's not the McDonalds of dog foods (I'm looking at you Bakers, Frolic and Pedigree) they why keep changing?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Petrina View Post
Yes I've heard that before about Burns making dogs not able to keep weight on, good if you're trying to slim down an 'overloved' pooch I suppose!

I also believe that if your dog is thriving and doing well on a food, as long as it's not the McDonalds of dog foods (I'm looking at you Bakers, Frolic and Pedigree) they why keep changing?
Couldn't agree more.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 02:39 PM
The best food is definitely what works best for your dog, provided that you are not feeding utter rubbish!

I had my Lab on Burns once but he got far too skinny on it and completely lost his coat condition. Yet, other dogs I know thrive on it. Different strokes for different folks!
marthamcginn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks all for your comments, will take all your comments on board re feeding and keep my eye on the gaffer`s coat condition!
nellie_dean
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Couldn't feed Burns for long as she was getting too thin, and I know others who are continuing to feed Burns but adding extra to the food to bulk it up! What's the point of doing that when you can change to another food that actually keeps the weight on?!
It works for fat dogs and dogs prone to get overweight, like labs though.
I switched to another natural food (Whites) that works and is also £16 a bag cheaper than Burns - a no brainer!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >