Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JuniorDaddy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Ive said how i train recalls, perhaps a pro CM would like to say how they train a Recall
Well I'm not commenting as my dogs have terrible recall! I wish CM would do a show about how he deals with it but so far I don't remember seeing one. Someone made a good point that it may be because of the leash laws in the US so maybe thats why he hasn't really covered it?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by JuniorDaddy View Post
Well I'm not commenting as my dogs have terrible recall! I wish CM would do a show about how he deals with it but so far I don't remember seeing one. Someone made a good point that it may be because of the leash laws in the US so maybe thats why he hasn't really covered it?
Oh my goodness-----9 years and you don't have a recall and you need CM to tell you how to do it!

How on earth do we all manage do you think?

rune
JuniorDaddy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Oh my goodness-----9 years and you don't have a recall and you need CM to tell you how to do it!

How on earth do we all manage do you think?

rune
Well no-one or nothing else has helped me yet so you can't blame me for wishing someone would! Being as he's helped me (not personally unfortunately!) with other things maybe he could help with recall too! I must say it's not a massive deal for me, they aren't awful, they do have a little recall & we are lucky enough to live somewhere that we don't need to worry about other dogs or the road so we don't really need them to come back, it just would be nice if they did!!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 06:17 AM
Well no-one or nothing else has helped me yet so you can't blame me for wishing someone would! Being as he's helped me (not personally unfortunately!) with other things maybe he could help with recall too! I must say it's not a massive deal for me, they aren't awful, they do have a little recall & we are lucky enough to live somewhere that we don't need to worry about other dogs or the road so we don't really need them to come back, it just would be nice if they did!!
im confussed if you follow cms methods(as you say you do),you would be 'pack leader' and your dog would come back to you(ie recall)also,why have a dog for 9years ,of a breed that is off lead everywhere i look,and not have trained one of the most usefull(and first imho)'command' that could actually save their lives? what has cm actually taught you?(its an honest question,and dont mean to cause offence)
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 06:37 AM
So if CM hasn't helped you with recall, why not try, some of the really positive methods mntioned in this thread it is possible to teach a reasonable recall to an older dogs as Molly moo proves.

Tupac thats what i've been confused or curious about since i started this thread, if you are pack leader shouldn't they just do as you want regardless??
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
So if CM hasn't helped you with recall, why not try, some of the really positive methods mntioned in this thread it is possible to teach a reasonable recall to an older dogs as Molly moo proves.

Tupac thats what i've been confused or curious about since i started this thread, if you are pack leader shouldn't they just do as you want regardless??
so we are 'lead' to believe lol
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
so we are 'lead' to believe lol
But we're still waiting for someone to describe how, they would get to that level with a dog like Mooser
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
But we're still waiting for someone to describe how, they would get to that level with a dog like Mooser
so am i,the reason being every 'pro' cm'er(by that i mean the die hards that trust EVERYTHING like gospel)have said to me that if siberians thought you were pack leader they would come back 100% of the time, (my sibes are very 'trick' trained and have passed good citizens,done agility and obedience etc,but i still wouldnt risk it in an unfenced in area )so please ,guys explain!!!!!........HOW WOULD YOU TEACH A RECALL!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Break into a run?

Whats a run? (G)!

rune
Faster than a jog and slower than a sprint.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2009, 07:25 AM
But we were talking about the picture someone posted and the opening credits, I did point out at the time in the picture he is doing what he calls his migratory walk which is done at a reasonable pace, not an amble. He too breaks into a run a random intervals.
Page 15 of 25 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »