View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 12:57 PM
See now to me, and remember I know nothing, that must confuse the dog surely?? IMO it's far better to teach the dog from the start what you want it to do between all those poles, whereas, letting it run down the middle like that makes the dog think it should run past them all when they're in a straight line surely?? No, I think I'm glad I'm doing what we're doing, even if it's going to take a very long while before Zena is loose, and running through them at speed, but that'll be a long, long time away yet, we go so slowly through them atm! Thanks BenMc!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Wires - although I would use a bigger more obvious thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imTNcBunqHg
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
See now to me, and remember I know nothing, that must confuse the dog surely?? IMO it's far better to teach the dog from the start what you want it to do between all those poles, whereas, letting it run down the middle like that makes the dog think it should run past them all when they're in a straight line surely?? No, I think I'm glad I'm doing what we're doing, even if it's going to take a very long while before Zena is loose, and running through them at speed, but that'll be a long, long time away yet, we go so slowly through them atm! Thanks BenMc!
no prob - I like looking at agility on you tube
The channel does work, but I agree it can confuse some dogs if you arnt able to close the channel quick enough

There are plenty fast lure taught dogs, TBH it takes a while to get everything else up to standard so I dont see the need to hurry weaves
Taught well you are hard pressed to tell the difference which method you use once the dog is trained
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Not yet met one that it has - it does seem to ensure that the dog (from the word go) is confident entering the weaves if you are behind, in front, recalling or whatever.

Stick with what you are happy with though
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 01:22 PM
I missed the vid you had put up of the 2x2, thats a much better one

You can get your own poles and train any way you fancy in your back garden - I have some weaves I can use in the house and I have a tiny house) Ben can stay in the bedroom, recal, hard turn at the sofa and weave and I made a sofa contact trainer and a seesaw

hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Oh Wow!!! Love the Indoor training gear!!! Esp the see saw!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah, me too, this agility has become so addictive for you it's taken over your house! Lol! I hope that doesn't happen here, coz hubby already thinks it's an obstacle course with two big doglets lying everywhere you don't want them to be!!!! Thanks for all that info I'm still looking at everything!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 05:02 PM
now i dont do agility....but if i ever did, ive decided, id do 2by2 weaves & running contacts!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
now i dont do agility....but if i ever did, ive decided, id do 2by2 weaves & running contacts!
....because...?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
It is the clicker way to go If I was starting again with access to equipment I would prob do a running contact - but it takes timing and lots of training
I just tried some 2 by 2 training with Mia, with her little background in weaving she is really getting it, Ben is too excited nose touch, run round, walk backwards WHAT DO YOU WANT I will have to take it outside where there is a bit more space and he can get the time to think
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »