View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2020, 08:19 PM
I think I'd have more patience if my husband would pull his finger out. I think you've all gathered by now that I'm leaving him. Right off to bed to try and catch up on some sleep. Some chance, not. Night all, tomorrow is another day which I will try to have peacefully.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2020, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I think I'd have more patience if my husband would pull his finger out. I think you've all gathered by now that I'm leaving him. Right off to bed to try and catch up on some sleep. Some chance, not. Night all, tomorrow is another day which I will try to have peacefully.
By this time next year it will all be a distant memory.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2020, 08:31 PM
Right Goodnight all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2020, 09:57 PM
Evening all,
Brenda....all the stress will be worth it!! I think given covid things are progressing quite well for you, your boxes will be in the back of the van in no time!
Likewise Chris, I am sure your sale will be done and dusted soon. Wishing Dave luck for his op
Does anyone know if metre reading operatives are working?? A woman Knocked my next door neighbours door last week...she wasn't in, then she came back today and Michelle let her in...I thought she was the wag woman or something lol, anyway, I went out the back with the dogs and she knocked our door, dad went and answered and she said she wanted to read the metre!!! She didn't offer any id and just had a plain hi Vis jacket on and when dad said no, she said that the metre HAD to be read every year, now, not being funny but we don't want a stranger in our house with corona-virus about and we all have health issues. I checked the British gas website but it says that the best way to submit a reading at the moment is online, I have messaged British gas to check if they are sending people out reading metres and the other strange thing is that Michelle has only been in that house since July...bit quick to be wanting to read the metre
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2020, 10:44 PM
The meter readers come out on set routes and take all the readings for the area so it isn't strange that Michelle had her meter read despite not being in the house for very long. However, she should have asked for ID and with the pandemic, even then I wouldn't have let them in if they had to come inside the house.

Actual meter readings are supposed to be taken every 12 months so that part was correct. I say supposed because it's rare they are.

My son's went for over 2 years without an actual reading and in they end they threatened to cut him off if they couldn't gain access. It cost him a day's holiday to sort it
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2020, 03:56 AM
These days they as in electric, gas and water meters you can submit readings by taking photos and submitting online. Hope that helps.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2