Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2020, 08:15 AM

Daily Chat Saturday 3rd October

Good morning everyone

Hope Dillon is continuing to progress well

Very wet here so nothing planned. Had to take the runner beans down yesterday before they fell down. Managed to do it without getting too wet.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2020, 09:11 AM
Morning Sue and all who follow.
Wet here, bit of a restless night Sue and not so enthusiastic with his food today.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2020, 09:18 AM
Morning Sue and Lynn and all to come. I'm sure Dillon will pick up over the day Lynn. It's been a big week for him. As long as he's drinking. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2020, 09:41 AM
Thank you brenda he is less restless now. Had a brush and some charcoal biscuits. Managed to get on the sofa with our help and seems more relaxed being up there.
Also clean quilt cover on his bed on the floor.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-10-2020, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
As long as he's drinking.

Agree with Brenda, clean fresh water is so important for them, more so than food IMO, love the idea of him sleeping on the sofa, our two don't ever go on it

Very dull and wet here, we went for our flu vacs this morning, there was a huge number of people queing up, last year I recall there was nobody there when we went in. Just one of many examples of how all our lives have changed in one year.

I'm not going out in this weather but we have been promised a bit of sun late this afternoon. Not sure if Alena will walk the dogs, might just be 'on lead' down to the church and back as I don't think they are all that keen either

Enjoy yourselves keep warm and safe, see you soon
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2020, 01:52 PM
Good afternoon all

Aw, poor Dillon. Hopefully just the after effects of the anaesthesia Lynn. It does play havoc with the system and, of course, his tummy will still be sore. Hopefully he will pick up a bit soon xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2020, 03:16 PM
Hi all he has been a lot better as day has gone on.
Always has fresh water accessible but we are controlling it, I read somewhere years ago you die of dehydration before hunger.
I have upped his painkiller meds. Vet said he can 3 3 x daily if we feel the need especially as his joints are suffering to due to not being allowed his previcox.
So he gets 3 in the morning then the extra 3 allowed if needed I split into 1.5 afternoon, then 3 with tea, and 1.5 later in the evening and then we won't get the puffing and panting hopefully we had at 4 am this morning. I like you all am sure the GA has worn off now so things are feeling sore and itchy.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2020, 05:16 PM
Good Evening all a bit of a change to plan workwise now I remember why I like retail relished helping the customers today. As one of the young lads said "Good Lord you are on fire" LOL

Walked Gert early doors between heavy rain then crumpets and marmite work and back home for 4pm Gert out again through the drizzle which became heavy while we were out. Home again and just sitting down have a nice curry on the slow cooker so rice and a few homecooked chips as well my excuse its cold wet and horrible out there so stocking up on carbs. LOL

Lynn Glad he is on the mend good idea about the painrelief.

Catch you all later people curry calls.