Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2020, 04:43 AM

Good morning Thursday 1/10/20.

Morning everyone no idea what the weather is like as curtains still pulled it is just gone 5.30.

I just hopped on to see on yesterdays thread later in the evening you had all popped on to see how Dillon was doing.
Spoke with the vet around 3.45 yesterday afternoon and he was recovering well but not eating, so many reasons the main one being he had been through so much since Tuesday afternoon when this awful nightmare happened. 2 major operations in roughly 12 hours, the others being he could be missing home and now wondering why on earth he was there and why had we not been to pick him up yet.
So we drove over and dropped some of his own food off to see if that would work.

No phone calls through the night or the early hours so fingers crossed he is headed in the right direction and coming home later today.

We had a lovely few hours with Paul and Beth who being dog people and owning two labs and have done for many years understand us very well and distracted us from worrying for a few hours.

So that's the news guys for now I will update through the day.

I hope you are all well and all your four legged friends to.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2020, 05:52 AM
Morning Lynn. Hope you get good news soon. Take care.x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2020, 06:29 AM
brenda and everyone just had some news our vets husband video called after sending us a photo of Dillon looking very fed up saying he is now eating going out for walks and after she comes out of the emergency surgery she is just going into she will ring to make arrangements for him coming home today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2020, 06:59 AM
That is such good news Lynn. Lets hope he behaves himself when he gets home and doesn't try to do things to soon. You know what dogs can be like. Tell them not to do something and they do the opposite. bg!! Huge hugs to you all. xx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2020, 07:55 AM
Good morning Lynn, Brenda and all who follow

Good news that Dillon has now eaten and hopefully he will be home later today and then he really will recover with you and Gorden to keep and eye on him. Hope he behaves himself though as Brenda said dogs don't seem to know they can't do what they used to do for a while.

Heavy rain overnight but the sun is now trying to appear. Teazle walked and front drive swept. Now having a coffee and then off to hairdresser.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2020, 08:11 AM
Good morning all.

It all sounds very promising Lynn. Still got everything crossed and hoping Dillon puts this behind him very, very quickly.

Give him a massive gentle hug from me when you boy is back where he belongs x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-10-2020, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
she will ring to make arrangements for him coming home today.

Lynn - Fantastic news, I've been logging in to read this, can relax a bit now Let us know when he's home.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2020, 09:50 AM
White Rabbits first of the Month.

Excellent news have not logged on since last night as could not of coped with no news. Dillon has lots of anxious Aunties and Uncles out in Cyber World.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2020, 11:08 AM
Awwww bloody brilliant! I was dreading clicking on today.
I am sure you will be tearing your hair out over the next few days getting him to keep calm
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2020, 12:04 PM
All Aunties and Uncles.
Dillon is home but quite poorly, Simon had it wrong he hadn't eaten and so Katherine when she phoned me said that was their concern, they don't usually let them home till they do.
She picked up though he was stressing, so this morning as it was quiet she put a mattress down in the dog room and let him out he was kept an eye on and he settled and went to sleep his breathing regulated heart rate and blood pressure and temperature went down also.
They have tacked his stomach gastroplexy so if he bloats again the stomach will not twist. It had twisted 180 degrees which she said isn't awful.
The main concern now is the infection that could set in from part of the intestine having to be removed. We have a 7 day window he can go either way, he is back Sunday for a check up and sometime next week stitches out.
He is now laying on a soft cover in the garden next to the pond which isn't helpful as he isn't meant to guzzle to much water in one go.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >