View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2020, 06:04 PM
I know Harvey Gorden and I often say we couldn't deal with the stress, we have with Joel and seen Mark brought to his knees when Joel was little and the way Donna treated Mark and used Joel as a pawn. We were 18 years younger but it takes it out of you.
It was a huge relief when thin gs got sorted to a point not satisfactorily but easier to deal with and we sighed with relief.

Mark and Lauren are very good for him and when he was little we fought to be in his life to show him the right way to live, she cut him off from his other nan she wasn't the best person but she tried to do right by her children in her mind.
For Donna to keep the children away from her and their aunt was wrong the family is very dysfunctional and the glue that held them together and made it work died at 18 of cancer.
I could write a novel about them and had never in my life till meeting them experienced anything like it.
We were heartbroken when Mark got mixed up with her, Only good thing was Joel.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2020, 09:33 PM
Well done Tia, and we'll done Joel for listening, you get a room in a share house up here for £75 so she was ripping her own boy off. I know you shouldn't wish people harm but Jesus....that woman is literally everything that's wrong with society but I must say, good on her ex for fighting Joel's corner. I don't know if they are taking on by you, but royal mail are taking on here £11 an hour, he might not be suitable but no harm in looking, also....try looking at BT, they take on apprentices quite regularly.
Brenda, sorry the house wasn't for you
Sue, I will figure something out....I always get by
Hi Kazz
Wellllllll, spent the day helping my dad fit a new window in the loft, a straight forward job...... nightmare!!! I measured the window twice, dad checked it, we emailed the size to the fella to get the window made, window delivered, I checked the size...too big, we checked the measurements of the old window and our emails...we had sent the right sizes. Basically, got the old window out by cutting through the screws, tried fitting the window sill and window...way too big, luckily it's the loft and a wooden frame so after some measuring, sent my dad off for some wood, replaced the wood for thinner, window now fitted and my mum is happy. I am covered in bruises and have splinters and I won't be able to walk tomorrow but it's done now.....thank goodness. My dad was just going to fit the window, no sill and worry about it later, I came up with replacing the wood for a new thinner piece as I know it wouldn't get finished properly otherwise
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-09-2020, 10:31 AM
Griff - Well done on sorting the window, being too large is not good but had it been too small you might have been faced with adding a new 'inner frame' to make it right which could have been an even worse nightmare.

Anf you've the satisfaction of knowing it's all been done right (Even if it did take ten times longer than you anticipated)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2