Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
staffmuttz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2005, 07:23 PM

speyed bitch......?

I got by staffie bitch speyed at 9 months due to pyametra (not sure how to spell it!), but she seems to still get swollen from time to time, and entire males go nutts for her! She also had a days bleed last year and vet was worse than useless, no idea at all....... shes 3 1/2 now and apart from that, perfect. Any ideas? bye the way, I've changed vet since!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Never heard of this bleeding before, but then again Im no expert, but Im sure someone will be along soon to help!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Sorry not too sure either but i guess something isnt right, i would go to another vet and get a second opinion good luck
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 08:02 PM
ive read on this site somewhere that sometimes when they spey a bitch they dont get all of the tissue and so ur bitch can still come on heat?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Yep, I've read that too, if part of the ovary tissue is left behind, a bitch can still have a season! But obviously not get pregnant!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 08:52 PM
9 months is very young for a pyo ??? i would see your vet to get her checked out..
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Yes 9 months does seem a bit young you would be better off going back to your vet to get her looked over again.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
Yep, I've read that too, if part of the ovary tissue is left behind, a bitch can still have a season! But obviously not get pregnant!
Hi Staffmuttz Yes as CC and the other say I have also heard of problems with incomplete removals, was actually reading about it recently but can't think where..What does your vet say? Also yes young for pyo but not unheard of..could have been hormonal?
JackRussellsRule!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by staffmuttz
I got by staffie bitch speyed at 9 months due to pyametra (not sure how to spell it!), but she seems to still get swollen from time to time, and entire males go nutts for her! She also had a days bleed last year and vet was worse than useless, no idea at all....... shes 3 1/2 now and apart from that, perfect. Any ideas? bye the way, I've changed vet since!
Hi Staffmuttz, pyometra is 'pus of the womb' (soz, don't know more than that!) BUT vets recommend you spey your bitch so that they don't get this and the longer you leave it, the more likely they are to have it. I really don't understand why your beaut still bleeds as she's been speyed. If I were you, I'd defo take her to another vets to get her checked out. Good luck, please, let us know how you go on. Jx
JackRussellsRule!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi, also, as others have said, pyometra usually affects older not younger dogs and seeing as your little babe was so young when she was diagnosed with this, I'd certainly get advice from another vet. As you said, you've changed your vet anyway, so what did they say? Please let us know how she goes on. Jx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >