Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Sorry troy if you have control of the dog you wont NEED a pinch collar, NONE of the armed forces or the Police use them here, why do you?
They send them to us to do so
The armed forces of the UK are hardly the reference when it comes to training high drive dogs. Frankly they can't handle them and PTS any dog that is deemed to difficult. A little reference. Some years ago a dog was sold to the Scottish police to become a non complayant attack dog.
The reason the dog was sold was that he was to soft....
There was no-one who could train him properly in Scotland so every forthnight someone flies over to Scotland to be the decoy for that dog

Greetings

Johan
red collar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2008, 11:16 AM
The music prevented me from hearing the commands properly, but I've got a couple of questions if you don't mind:

* was the command (fass or whatever you use) given each time?

* is it usual to command three times for aus/out before the dog will release?

* shouldn't the dog release independently of what type of collar is used, and even when the handler is at a distance?

* if a hidden sleeve is used does the dog behave any differently from how it would behave with a visible sleeve? Is the 'bite' the same? I understood that biting the sleeve was the thing that was trained-in, if the sleeve is hidden the dog must believe that it is biting an arm rather than the sleeve. Does this affect the quality of the bite?

Originally Posted by Troy Seaton View Post
Do any of you folks have experience with hiugh drive working dogs???
yes

.........Do you have any clue on how to properly fit a pinch collar???........do a little research and than post what you find????.
no need to get arsey TS.

a picnh collar used in the working dog world is often used to stimulate the dog as well
maybe it does in your corner of the working dog world, which is after all a series of exercises. Some members on here have different types of working dogs who do not need additional stimulation to do their 'thing' , so I'd hate for this quote to be applied to all working dogs.

It's an interesting point of view though.

Lovely dog by the way.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Heldengebroed View Post
They send them to us to do so
The armed forces of the UK are hardly the reference when it comes to training high drive dogs. Frankly they can't handle them and PTS any dog that is deemed to difficult. A little reference. Some years ago a dog was sold to the Scottish police to become a non complayant attack dog.
The reason the dog was sold was that he was to soft....
There was no-one who could train him properly in Scotland so every forthnight someone flies over to Scotland to be the decoy for that dog

Greetings

Johan
Yes Im sure you are an expert on British service Dogs Johan, fact remains none of ours are trained using tight fitting pinch collars, mostly used by people such as yourself and Troy who train your dogs for yourself and for dog sports and like dogs attacking people. They rarely serve any "purpose" at all.

We do just fine thanks, and any "cruelty" that is witnessed and reported results in severe reprimand, not ignored and used on a regular basis.
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-11-2008, 02:04 PM
No purpose?

I"ve flown to Scotland to decoy the dog mentioned above
samedy i had a visit from the head of the dog section of a latin american country in order to buy 2 or 3 drug dogs trained by me

So we have absolutely no purpose what so ever

Strange that when good dogs are needed the "professionals" tend to go to folks like me...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2