View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Troy Seaton
New Member!
Male 

09-11-2008, 03:40 AM

Amstaff "Hummer" hidden sleeve video....

I'm just sharing some footage from Hummer's first session doing hidden sleeve work....thanks for viewing.TS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPjZcWCNC8U
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Excellent video, Troy. Hummer certainly works hard. Lovely to see a "protection" dog at work - thanks for sharing
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Exc. video but I do have a poblem with that pinch collar!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Couldnt understand why the pinch collar was A. necessary in a dog that was supposed to going forward, and B. why it was so tight up round the back of his ears!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 11:02 AM
exactly my thoughts when I saw it.

Jeanette
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 11:32 AM
wow wow wow fab video he is good x
Troy Seaton
New Member!
Male 

09-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Do any of you folks have experience with hiugh drive working dogs???.........Do you have any clue on how to properly fit a pinch collar???........do a little research and than post what you find????.......Also....a pinch collar isn't suppose to discourage a dog from pulling...that's what OB training is for....a picnh collar used in the working dog world is often used to stimulate the dog as well......anyway....I can tell from the majority of the replies that you guys haven't much experience....I don't mean that in a harsh way either....just my observation........anyway...thanks for the views.TS
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi Troy theres a very different view to these collars in the uk. I will say now i have NO experince in training this type of work or with this type of dog. (i ob training much different to ob training/shows in the US BTW with Very hypy BCs)

I liked the vid, thought the dog looked fab, really powerful & focased. Surely though he would do this without the collar he looks so focased.Would he always wear one or just for this stage of training?

I really like the "bite"/head reinforcement, that looked really strong.

When the collar was pulled he seemed even stronger on the arm,i didnt really like the big "jerk" on it.

In some places it looked liked you needed it on the prong to get the dog to release? ie the ontop of the car bit when initially the lead is on his harness.Then in other places u used a sit to release.

Personally i wouldnt use them but am interested in how you feel they can increase preformance. Was the collar used to increase preformance rather than control it?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Troy Seaton View Post
Do any of you folks have experience with hiugh drive working dogs???.........Do you have any clue on how to properly fit a pinch collar???........do a little research and than post what you find????.......Also....a pinch collar isn't suppose to discourage a dog from pulling...that's what OB training is for....a picnh collar used in the working dog world is often used to stimulate the dog as well......anyway....I can tell from the majority of the replies that you guys haven't much experience....I don't mean that in a harsh way either....just my observation........anyway...thanks for the views.TS

Yep - lots of research on pinch and choke collars.....best way to fit them? Not to do it at all in the first place. Best place for them? In the bin. Experience of big dogs....yes thank you, ever use choke and pinch chains? Nope, feel no need to either, always use a flat collar.

Find the video and the use of harsh methods upsetting and uneccesary. John Fisher wrote a book ages ago about teaching police/guard dogs with positive methods only.....watching videos like this you would have thought it was never written.

A real shame.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Sorry troy if you have control of the dog you wont NEED a pinch collar, NONE of the armed forces or the Police use them here, why do you?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >