Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2005, 09:03 PM

breathing heavy

is it normal ....my westie is 36 days into her first pregnancy and today her breathing is really different she seems to be taking shorter breaths , lots of huffing and puffing (esp while asleep ) and seems to be breathing down her nose ! ive looked up her nose nothing is obvious , also her nose is very dry .... i know she has put some weight on cos her girth is quite alot bigger is this the reason for her change in breathing ? any help will be a great help ..... by the why she has been eating and drinking well , everything ok down below and although she seems quite, but not ill quite! if that makes sence
julie
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 09:16 PM
I know our bitch tended to breath heavier as she got bigger, and panted more, if you are concerned give your vet a ring for assurance, but I'm sure if her pregnancy is going to plan there should be nothing to worry about, fingers crossed all is well.

MO
ziggar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-04-2005, 09:51 PM
im certainly no expert when it comes to things girly or anything breeding related
but could it be that as she gets bigger things start to encroach on her lungs a little giving a smaller capacity therefore making her need to breathe faster

just a thought from someone who knows nothing about it

Z
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 10:56 PM
My girls sound like a pair of stream trains when they nod off, but then they are day 50! It's perfectly normal, you're not giving her too much to eat yet are you? because too much weight gain, other than pregnancy, is not good for her!

Like I said to you earlier, if you're worried take her to the vet, but by the sounds of everything she is fine, eating, drinking, no discharge, no temp......then it's just the pressure of her expanding waistline!......can't you remember that feeling?? especially as you have twins